All reviews banana cabana deck house bridal party paddle boards and kayaks spacious kitchen wedding weekend beach area laid back water view washer dryer adirondack chairs key west pier bedroom towels manatees boats
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had never stayed on a houseboat and this wont be the last. We loved our stay here. Abby, our host made sure we were treated to an amazing weekend for us and our dogs. From sunrise to sunset all your need is right at Dream Bay! We cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Abby has 3 boats in her fleet. Check for her on AirBnB.com
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed in Deckhouse for 8 nights, (4 people - 2 couples) and it was absolutely perfect. Two double rooms on opposite sides of the house each with their own bathroom and nice living area in between.Decor and condition a little dated but very homely. Aircon outside the one room is very noisy so the couple struggled to sleep some nights as too hot with it off. Outside Deck very handy too! Lovely to have a private beach and hammocks and sun loungers to chill in and watch the amazing sunsets. Mike who does the maintenance at the resort is very friendly and helpful.
All in all a great place and would certainly go back there, just don't forget your mosquito spray!!

Room Tip: Pick the room nearest the ocean and the other room has the aircon right next to it and its very noisy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SAJPW
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Location is beyond words! Private beach and amenities were so much more than we expected!

We had our wedding on the pier with the wedding party and families staying at the resort.

Kayaks, hammocks, lounge chairs, etc. were an incredible FREE amenity. Bonnie and Tanya were always just a phone call away although we never needed them.

I don't know what I expected. For the price, I thought it would be "OK." We were on a TIGHT budget. It FAR exceeded all expectations. Tropicasa absolutely blew me away. The master was MADE for a bridal suite and should be marketed as such. Huge room, in-room spa tub, bathroom with bidet, walk-in closet, and separate dressing room with plenty of mirror space and lighting. It was perfect for the bridal party to get ready.

Nearby houseboat residents are friendly, but not intrusive. Great for recommendations, etc. We even got a standing O from a nearby group of them after the ceremony. :)

Tanya and Bonnie, the owner and property manager, were a great help with a last minute crib request.

Hindsight is 20/20 and knowing what I know now, the only change I would have made was to save money on transportation and venue for the reception. I would just have the reception catered to Dream Bay. The beach area is beautiful and perfect and lit. There's even a wet bar. Save your money on transportation and hire a bartender and band instead! Everything you need is already there!

Thanks for such great memories!

Matt and Kaci

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kc_aldridge
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, and your wedding ceremony was beautiful!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was at this resort for my son's wedding. My daughter & I stayed at the banana cabana. I was appalled at how dirty the place was. Other than a woman who met us on arrival we never saw another employee. Was provided 3/4 of a roll of toilet paper that was supposed to last 4 days! The hot water in the bathroom sink did not work. The towel bar came crashing down every time a towel was placed on it. Never were provided clean towels. Didn't do any cooking but the stove hood was so covered w/ grease/dust I cleaned it myself. There was a loud banging noise that seemed to coincide w/ water use. One trash bag provided. A full length mirror on closet door was completely cracked. Beds full of sand. Tile floors so filthy our feet were black. Wasn't expecting the Ritz & know it's on the water where it's hard to keep things clean but this was horrible. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank maryannb49
tcln, Owner at Dream Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

I'm very sorry you had a bad experience. I wish you had called Bonnie, who is the head of our cleaning staff (and the lady who checked you in). She would have made sure to address those complaints regarding cleanliness immediately and re-cleaned the entire cottage if necessary. We had all units rented that day, and it's likely a new cleaning person was being trained. I will find out and make sure this doesn't happen again. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our units, and they are normally spotless. As this is a vacation rental, we don't supply toilet paper for the entire stay, only a roll in each bathroom to get you started. Paper products are purchased by guests. We also don't provide fresh towels daily, like a hotel does, yet, if you had called Bonnie (her number was on your check-in sheet as well as in the guest book), she would've given you some additional paper and towels at your request. Regarding staff not being around, you must've not noticed my staff cleaning/raking the beach early each day, and I was personally there during the wedding and met your son and new daughter-in-law right after the ceremony. My number is also in the guestbook, as well as the website. Guests are always encouraged to call with complaints, as we respond immediately and work hard to remedy any concerns. Again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed. I will be happy to refund your cleaning fee and offer you a discount on a future stay if you contact me to confirm your identity.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My wife and my adult son stayed at Bay house. It was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was a pleasure. We have rented waterfront cottages all over the country and world. Casco Bay Maine, Cape Code Mass., Point Judith RI, Lake George NY, St Simons Island GA, Amafi Coast Italy and have enjoyed them all. I could find some faults with every one of them but that did not affect the enjoyment of our stays. If I were to list the quality of our stay at Dream Bay I would have to give it a 10. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. They seemed genuinely concerned about our enjoying our stay. Our dog had great time she told me. Access to a private beach and kayaks was a bonus. Lots of snapper and croaker near the nearwater if you fish.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family