“Bland”
Review of Lazy Lobster

Lazy Lobster
Ranked #12 of 147 Restaurants in Key Largo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wasn’t impressed with the bland tasting surf and turf, lobster tail with filet. Both lacked flavor. Food was overpriced, but back patio was a cool setting, but not cool enough for us to go back.
Wife had scallops, not that great either.....both kids had mac and cheese....and it was literally kraft Mac and cheese out of the box for $10 each.....just didn’t get a good vibe overall. Way better places nearby for less money and WAY better food!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Oh my goodness this was fantastic. My husband and I split the Broiled Seafood Platter, which included 1/2 lobster tail, shrimp (huge shrimp), scallops (huge scallops) and catch of the day which was Mahi. This was fantastic!! Definitely getting that again. We also got the Billings Salad that has coconut shrimp, apples, grapes and caramelized walnuts. Sooo good.

Of course the reviews of their banana bread (loaf) is pretty tasty for sure. We sat outside which was perfect as they have a great area and lots of seating. We did not order the calamari appetizer but after seeing it orders by others, totally should’ve gotten it as it looked great too. Also the homemade mozzarella sticks and they looked like giant twinkies (my husband felt some remorse in not ordering those). I’m not sure you could go wrong here. We’ll be back for sure. Oh and they have cool looking shirts that you can buy as well

1  Thank Karrie L
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Have been to Key Largo many times, but this was the first time we went to Lazy Lobster. Food, service and ambiance in the outdoor garden were all outstanding. So good that we eat here twice in five nights. It was the only local place that we were able to get fresh, not frozen local lobster.

1  Thank Elliotmz
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

First tone visitor to Key Largo and read the reviews on the Lazy Lobster so wanted to check it out. Sat outdoors with reservation and moved the quaint back patio area with live music. The entertainer had a beautiful voice and the ambience was so relaxing. Our server (forget her name!) was very attentive without rushing us through our courses. Food was awesome if anything too much! Staying in a hotel we couldn’t take left overs but you could easily make 2 meals out of some of the dishes. No water/sunset view if that’s what you’re looking for, but don’t let that stop you from dining here! We will be back!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here with family on our whistle stop tour of the Keys. $35.00 for a lobster dinner was worth every cent! We had three of those between us, my wife had a crab salad which was enormous and very tasty. My younger son had the jumbo shrimp, he loved it and I had the lazy lobster sandwich, absolutely stunning. Add to that the complimentary bread and banana loaf, nobody was hungry after that meal.
Our waitress was great too, very attentive. On leaving we were still waiting on a drink refill and we wanted something to put the remaining banana loaf in. The waitress got my refill to go and gave us a freshly wrapped whole banana loaf. Fantastic.
Would return if we were staying in the area.