New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Carlsbad, California
“Here for business”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

My company always uses this hotel during for business as its close to our office location.

I stayed in the king suite and it was spacious, clean and Dailey accessible since it was on the first floor. Breakfast was great and provided as part of the stay.

On my last day I noticed the bill was higher than it should have been - my nightly rate was wrong which was an extra 100 to the bill. I had to show proof of my travel itinerary to have them fix it. Additionally as I was packing and pulling my luggage out of the room at 12 (on the dot) I was called in my room and asked "when are you leaving.". I had told the front desk I would be leaving at noon since I had to work in the morning. It was rude and I felt pushed out of the hotel. It's not a bad place to stay but service varies widely!!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank vinas12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Kennewick, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

stayed here as part of our cruise & Florida keys trip. Very nice hotel. Had a king room on the top floor. Staff was pleasant, rooms clean, continental breakfast wonderful! 24/7 coffee and washer/dryer for a fee. Great rates. Will continue to stay at Best Western and recommend this hotel. Restaurants and coffee shop nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in March, 2012. The service and the hotel exceeded my expectations for the price I paid. The staff was helpful. Another advantage is the free breakfast. It is served in plastic plates. maybe it is a standard in USA, no idea. It is in the middle of a small shopping center. We loved the possibiltiy of finding our favorite restaurant Bahama Breeze in a short walking distance.
I can advise this hotel without hesitation for budget travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yas11
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We have stayed at this property in Miami, several times, as it's convenient for why we are in Miami. We go each April. The property and rooms are spotless, fresh looking and smelling, inviting. The staff are all friendly and dedicated to making sure their guests are going to walk in after a day traveling or busy day in meetings either on property or elsewhere and feel like they just came home!

I have severe allergies, etc, and have never had an allergic breathing reaction here. I can't say that for other places we have stayed, even if our early reservation did state there is a guest arriving, use no heavy chemicals to clean, etc.

BW Kendall has added recently, a nice, simple hot breakfast buffet that is free to guests, which was a suggestion my husband had made on a review [probably many others did, too] years ago. We made ourselves nice biscuit and eggs with cheese and ham sandwiches, had a hashbrown patty. You could get hot oatmeal, yogurt, fresh waffles, nice selection of whole fruit, sweet rolls, toast, individual butter pats, jams, jellies, two kinds of individual peanut butter...they had juices, fresh coffee that hubby said was very good. The nice assortment of creamers. The breakfast is available early, too, 6am. They probably had cold cereal, too, and milk, but I was a happy clam with my biscuit and goodies discovery!

The property does not have it's own restaurant/bar...don't let that detour you! Right across the street, and all up and down the main road and all points around the facility are places to go. Directly across the street on the opposite corner from the Kendall is the Bahama Breeze [a Longhorn chain property] that is fantastic and hugely surprising for the area are their prices! We had a fabulous dinner with a beer each, for $35! We just walked over.

We have yet, on any trip, had to call front desk, for anything we may need or to have something fixed at the Kendall. We have never had a shortage of hot water in the shower, never had a problem with wifi internet service and we both bring along laptops [that said, we always bring along our own power strip]. The a/c always works [travelers do have to keep in mind these individual a/c/heat units DO make more noise than you are used to at home. But the Kendall's are very quiet compared to others] . Beds are comfy.

Room Tip: We had 208 this time, which was nice and close to the elevator lobby and the ice machine/vending are...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cambre44
Cathy O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Cambre44.

Thank you for the wonderful testimony regarding our hotel and amenities. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to the Kendall area.
Tarpon Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights last week, mini king suite, great service, clean, great breakfast. I have been stating at more Best Westerns lately and have found them all to be really good!

Room Tip: Join the club!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cathy O, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
My staff takes alot of pride in this hotel. We thank you for the great review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendall
6.0 km away
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Airport Hotel & Suites
1.1 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Miami (Kendall)
5.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami-Kendall
5.1 km away
Comfort Suites Miami / Kendall
1.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami
8.8 km away
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kendall Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!