“Best Steakhouse for Real Steak Lovers”

Peter's Steak House
Ranked #21 of 113 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has been here for several years and is one of the best steak houses in the area. It must be listed for review.
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I can't begin to tell you all the reasons we love going here! A family and friend favorite, Peter's never disappoints. We celebrate all kinds of occasions here because we love the food, adore the staff, and enjoy the ambiance--essential ingredients for fine dining. Last week, our party of five devoured a steak for 4 (with some left over), hashed brown potatoes, spinach, and the most amazing onion straws. The staff brings out the food sizzling and serves everyone. We sat politely waiting for our places to be filled (they ask first before putting on plate). The tantalizing, sizzling porterhouse is offers the best of both popular types--- a few slices of sirloin and a few slices of filet. Mmm
My friends like fine wine and Peters doesn't disappoint. Plenty of beer selections too. No hard alcohol but that's not the focus here.
We sometimes do appetizers, salads--my dad orders the herring without fail-and lucious soups. The seafood bisque, chockablock of shrimp and lobster, is delicious (but quite filling so be warned). No meal is complete without the homemade apple strudel, schlag (fresh whipped cream), and vanilla ice cream.
Simple but delicious, served family style.
Other offerings are on the menu: lamb chops, chicken and salmon which others in my party have raved about.

The best part is the homey atmosphere created by its classy owner, Peter, who is at the door greeting customers like you were arriving at his home.

We always make reservations as it tends to be packed at peak times.

Located in Jensen Beach, valet parking rounds out the 5 star experience.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Every time we've vacationed in Jensen beach, this place is packed. The homemade Austrian breads were super. Come hungry.... we ordered Porterhouse for two, baked potato, asparagus with hollandaise sauce. Huge portions. I also had the lobster bisque....it was superb. We have a lot of leftovers. My husband decided to get the homemade strudel with homemade whipped cream ...OMG to die for.
The waitress was super. The service was excellent!
Great place!!!! This place was 10x better than Ruth's Chris steak houses.

1  Thank DrAlford
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Everybody raves about this place in New York, but I think this is a cop out and really not the same peters, the atmosphere is OK, the food is prepared very well, but it's overrated and overpriced and nothing to write home about, keep looking around there are better places

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We have eaten at Peter's Steakhouse numerous times over several years. While the restaurant if old and stuffy, the porterhouse steak rivals those at Peter Lugar's in NY. The steak sauce is fantastic as are the sides, and the 1/4" thick bacon should not be missed. They serve the porterhouse steak (filet and strip on the bone) like Lugar's, charred on the outside and served on a hot plate with butter on it to cook the steak more if you want to. This is the best way to serve porterhouse and the meat is well aged and cuts like butter.

Don't let the bad reviews prevent you from dining there. Most diners in this area are taken aback by entrees that cost more than $20. This is the best steak in a 50 mile radius, better than Capital Grill where I have a wine locker.

1  Thank Dr_Chill
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

My mother took my husband and I here for his birthday. The entire experience was average including the food. We expected much more and left disappointed. The typical steakhouse menu we felt was slightly limited. Steaks are good but it's up to you if worth price, we didn't think so.