“birthday meal”

Kyle G's Prime Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Kyle G's Prime Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 117 Restaurants in Jensen Beach
Price range: USD 15 - USD 60
Description: Kyle G's Prime Seafood is a polished casual, relaxed and seafood centric restaurant. We take pride in offering signature fresh fish, shellfish, steaks and an excellent beverage selection, delivered with personalized and professional service.
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We went to Kyle G's a couple of times. We booked a table for my husbands birthday, and was asked if it was a for a special occasion. When we arrived, the table was covered in sprinkles, and had a card for him. We received complementary shots, and he was presented with a cupcake with a candle in it at the end of the meal.
The food was excellent and there was a ggod selection. I have an unusual allergy, and the staff were very attentive, and ensured I had something specially cooked. Our server was friendly and helpful, and the cost at the end was cheaper than a meal we had at the Cheescake Factory!
There is a bar outside which we went to one afternoon during happy hour for cocktails! Staff were excellent again, and cocktails were strong! If you are visiting, I suggest you walk!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Went to celebrate with another couple. Everything about the place was excellent - the food, service, view, the atmosphere. Top choices for us were the Boillabaisse, scallops, crab cakes, and lobster bisque.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great dinner and accommodating. It was our 45th anniversary and we had a great table overlooking the ocean and a great server, Betty Koenig, who was fantastic! Food was awesome and we had a lovely time as well as a great, relaxing dinner and drinks!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

There are certain restaurants that you go to because you can count on getting a excellent meal. Kyle G's had been in this category for us. Since it was my birthday, my wife wanted to celebrate with a really good meal, so we went to Kyle G's.

First, our server was Lisa K, and she was absolutely a delight. She was sweet, funny and very attentive, and because of her the evening started off as good as we imagined it would. I had my martini and my wife had her champagne cocktail, and all good.

The bread came to the table, and we noticed that it was quite stale. My wife didn't have any and I could only manage one bite. We didn't mention it because we really didn't need to be filling up on bread anyway.

For appetizers I had the Broiled Garlic Oysters. I had ordered these once before and they were delicious. So what happened?!? The crumbs on top were burnt and they were extremely oily. I removed the top crumbs and managed to eat the 6 oysters, but this was nothing like I previously had at Kyles. They were horrible. My wife had her usual appetizer of the Lobster Cocktail. This time it seemed that they were not cooked long enough. She ate most of the cocktail, but had to leave a piece or two behind, being far too under cooked. Again, we didn't mention this since we try not to complain about a meal, as it tends to make the server feel badly when they really had nothing to do with the quality.

For the entree I had the Shrimp topped with Blue Crab. The shrimp were large and cooked appropriately, but the blue crab was just some shredded crab meat scattered around the platter. I had the Lobster Mac for a side, and it turned out that I was very happy that I actually had ordered a side dish.

My wife had the 6oz center cut-fillet for her entree. She had ordered for it to be done medium-rare. When it arrived, it looked nothing like any center-cut fillet that we had ever seen before, but what was worse than being the wrong cut of meat was that it was raw. Absolutely raw! Any chef could have know that just by pressing down on the steak and feeling the firmness. I wish I had thought to take a photo! This time we had to say something and we sent it back. It was returned to the table a few minutes later and now it had gone from raw to rare - far from the medium rare that was ordered. We sent it back again and this time we said not to bother returning it. I gave my wife some of my shrimp and as much of the Lobster Mac that she wanted - and that was her meal.

The manager came to our table an apologized for the fillet. They had examined it in the kitchen and agreed that it was not cooked properly, but blamed that on tendons running through the particular cut of meat. Through a filet? They comped my wife's meal and a dessert, but this was not the kind of celebration meal that we had anticipated. I felt sorry for my wife since she wanted this to be special for me.

The Pineapple Upside Down cake was a good choice for the dessert, and we shared that with some Cappuccino.

This was a very disappointing meal from an establishment that we thought we could count on. I gave it two stars instead of one, only because Lisa was so good and understanding as our server. I would love to know what happened between now and when Kyle G's opened a year ago. Hopefully they will do something to get the quality of food back to where it had been. Until that time, we'll not be back.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

My wife and I had a late lunch at Kyle G's on a Sunday afternoon. We highly recommend this restaurant. We were lucky to score a table with the most amazing ocean view! The service was friendly and quick. The Fish Tacos were amazing and the Mahi-Mahi was superb! Everything was top notch. A great selection of beer & wine as well as some really fun drink specials. The bar area is really inviting and with the sofa lounges, it would be a great place to relax and entertain. There was live music outside and it was really hoping. We can't wait to come back!