“Love the Lobster Roll”

A La Carte
Price range: USD 8 - USD 19
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Quaint Boutique Style Restaurant serving The Best! New England Clam Chowder, Authentic Maine Lobster Roll with Cape Cod Chips, Southern Ham Salad Sandwich with Cape Cod Potato Chips, Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich with Cape COD Chips, Cobb Salad with Assorted Greens Topped with Chopped Grilled Chicken, tomato, crumbled BLU Cheese, Chopped Bacon with Champagne Vinaigrette on the side, Shrimp Tossed in a Sweet Louie Sauce placed on a Bed of Salad Greens with Grape Tomatoes and Champagne Vinaigrette on the side, Three Mini Lump Crab Cakes on a Bed of Salad Green and Grape Tomatoes, with a Champagne Vinaigrette on the side, Tarragon Chicken Salad on a Bed of Assorted Greens and Grape Tomatoes with a Champagne Vinaigrette Served on the Side, Maine Lobster Salad served on A Bed of Salad Greens with Grape Tomatoes with a Champagne Vinaigrette Served on the side. PLUS now offering Gluten Free Lunch Menu of All the Above except the Crab Cakes and Clam Chowder. Soup Specials Occasionally Offered and Other Entrees Sorry we do not serve beer or wine just soft drinks and water bottles A La Carte is a Home Style place, Chef Jennifer does the entire service from taking your order,preparing and serving your order. Enjoy the ambiance of Soft Classical Music playing in the background and enjoy your conversation with your guest, or enjoy reading while Chef Jennifer prepares your lunch.
Reviewed 27 June 2015 via mobile

I discovered this quaint restaurant by a friend's recommendation. I ordered the Lobster bisque and Lobster roll... Absolutely found deliciousness here.

Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

Very pricy. Had a chicken salad sandwich, lobster roll and 2 drinks for $37. Food was good. Smallest lobster roll we had ever seen. Personnel were nice, but won't be back.

3  Thank eda31324
chefjen46, Owner at A La Carte, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2015

So sorry you were disappointed with our Lobster Roll and the price. Our prices are priced accordingly with what I have to pay for the Maine lobster, shipping Fed Ex fresh to my door overnight. All my other regular customers are raving over the Lobster Roll we are serving. If you haven't read articles lately lobster meat has gone up in price because of the cold winter they had this past year. There are other places in town serving Lobster rolls may I suggest you try them and see what you get. The serving size of the Lobster Roll is very generous. We are in business to make a living wish I could just give food away but it doesn't pay my bills.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

That was disappointing, but the lady said no more fried food of any kind. I guess that will keep us all healthier... groan. But, the clam chowder was excellent. Lots of clams and very tasty. The lobster roll was very good, especially for Florida. The crab cake was nice, no peppers and stuff like that, but you can certainly get better crab cakes many places. This is a fun and kind of quirky place to visit... but, I mean that in the nicest sense. Only open for lunch... you should try it.

4  Thank philly099
chefjen46, Owner at A La Carte, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

So glad you enjoyed my new menu. Unfortunately until my website info is changed the menu can't be changed on trip advisor. Hopefully the website info will be changed over the weekend. We have gone a more healthier route. Clam chowder, lobster bisque, Maine. Lobster roll, lump crab cake, tarragon Shrimp Sandwich, baked Haddock with a Lemon Basil, ,butter sauce, tarragon Shrimp Sandwich/salad, cranberry Chicken Salad,

Reviewed 19 April 2015

If you can't travel up to New England for a lobster roll, some authentic fried clams, clam chowder, lobster bisque, etc., or a bottle of "Moxie", then A La Carte is the place to go. A charming little cottage, decorated inside with memorabilia from the Red Sox and New England Patriots bringing back many fond memories for former Bostonians, including me.
The food is freshly prepared, and served as it would be in one of the many little seafood restaurants along the New England shores. There are also frozen prepared gourmet meals to take home and enjoy, including lobster pies. A great little place to enjoy lunch with friends!

2  Thank oceanhut
Reviewed 7 April 2015

We live In Panama City, Florida but originally from Massachusetts, while on a day trip along the beautiful Gulf Coast of Florida, my husband jokingly said we had passed a sign that said whole bellied fried clams so I googled it hoping on our way back we would stop. Like I said "jokingly", however google did bring up this little gem. Since we have family in Jacksonville and were planning a visit there 2 weeks later, we made plans to go to this quaint little and I mean LITTLE, eatery. My husband, Mother in law, brother in law and I made our way there on a Friday afternoon. They all ordered the fried clams, I got the lobstah roll and 3 of us had the clam chowdah! None of us were disappointed. The food was a real taste of home, and the atmosphere couldn't have been better nor could the service. Chef Jen is amazing and super friendly. So much so the 4 of us returned the very next day, bringing my sister in law with us this time. We have been back every time we visit Jacksonville.

1  Thank Annette925