All reviews full kitchen beach towels it won't be my last dying breed mom and pop separate bedroom indian rocks extra towels excellent beach our favorite place to stay adirondack chairs have stayed here several times red tide the entire staff gulf of mexico small hotel restaurants within walking distance
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We have stayed her several times over the past few years. It is clean, convenient to everything, very quiet and just steps from the beach! The entire staff is friendly and go above and beyond to make sure your visit is the best ever. I can't imagine going any place!

Room Tip: All rooms have a separate bedroom, complete kitchen and big living room with recliner, hide a bed and 2 arm chairs. Very roomy!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We had a family gathering over the labor day weekend. We were in 3 rooms and every single one of us was delighted with this place! The staff was like family and so helpful. The Army Corp of Engineers was doing beach renourishment unfortunately but we got an email before we left home offering to relocate us to another small hotel. I'm glad we chose to still stay here. What a delightful weekend we had!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 29 August 2018

The Great Heron was recommended to us by friends and how glad we are that we followed their advice. We are still in the Great Heron (leaving tomorrow) but will definitely come back. Teena and Susie go the extra mile to make guests feel welcome and they have created a truly relaxing oasis. The units are all large,suitably equipped in simple but effecient style and are very very clean. To find a base that is affordable but just steps from the beach is unheard of these days. From the door of our room to waters edge is a 48 second walk. That alone would make the Great Heron a fabulous base. The pool area is spotless and there are Adirondack chairs that you can take to the beach for a comfy seat while you take in the fabulous sunsets. It’s not surprising that guests return here year on year.

Room Tip: You are so close to the beach they are all good. I,d go for the upper floor but that’s just a personal choice
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Teena H, Owner at Great Heron Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate your kind review and your patronage
We hope you will be a return guest and see yu again
Best Regards

Reviewed 21 August 2018

As always the best time had by all, Great weather, no red tide and remodeled room was even nicer than before. A great deal and nice calm environment. Have a great time at the Great Heron. Reasonable price can't be beat and staff is like family to us at this point. Highly reccomend

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Teena H, Owner at Great Heron Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Thanks so much and it is always a pleasure having you folks with us.
We appreciate your patronage
Thanks and Best Regards

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I recently booked a stay-cation for myself to meet up with some friends. Was my first time there. It is a mom and pop style place which is rare on beach these days. While there I ran into many people who had been vacationing there for 10 + years. Teen & Susie are wonderful. Place is direct beach front and rooms are equipped with full kitchen, living area and a separate bedroom. My room had a balcony. Rooms very clean and have maid service daily. Priced reasonably as well. I am local and own a real estate company in Tampa and Clearwater and I can tell you this is a little hidden gem. There is a reason so many people keep coming here for years. It also reminded me how good ole fashion customer service can make your business successful even if you are not the biggest or the newest. You cannot replace customer service with technology. I will be back to this little hidden gem on the beach. Thanks Teena & Susie for making me feel like family on my stay-cation. Will see you again.

Room Tip: I suggest top floor with the balcony
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Teena H, Owner at Great Heron Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thanks very much for your review and it was a pleasure having you stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again and appreciate your patronage
Best Regards