“Recent long weekend”

Mission Inn Resort & Club
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed for a long weekend in late April and were impressed with the area. Visiting Mission Inn felt like we were a million miles from Orlando but we were only 45 minutes away. The room was large, comfortable and had a great view overlooking two tee boxes on El Campeon. The refrigerator I ordered distracted from the room since it was wheeled in on a gray plastic cart and left there. We played El Campeon one day and found the course to be in great shape and thoroughly enjoyable. We ate at both the upstairs and downstairs resturants and found the food to be just average. I believe we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a golf view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Florida422

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I recently spent the first week of April on a golf trip with several friends. The winter has been quite dry and the courses were showing the stress, in particular a few greens. El Campeon is on a great piece of land and unique for a FLA golf course. They were replacing turf on a few greens as we were leaving so they are trying to work on the courses with the weather issues (ponds were probably 4-5' down from last year). We ate on site at El Conquistador 1 night and my pork was overdone but all others in my party enjoyed their meals. Majority of meals were off site (Angelos - good Italian, Carrabas, Gator's for the NCAA final). Rooms were comfortable and maid service was friendly and well-done. No bar service at the pool for a few days of the trip but we brought our own bevvies and music down to the pool/hot tub and enjoyed ourselves. I would return because it is very comfortable and they are 2 good golf courses.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jboToronto_Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I just left Mission Inn after a 2 night stay. The property is lovely and the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are acceptable but they have seen better days. My only negative comment and warning would be to keep your receipts and reconcile them with your final bill. My restaurant bill was incorrect. I was charged for items I did not have. When I brought it to the waitress's attention, she had it taken off the bill. However, when I checked out, the items were added back in on my bill AFTER I had signed the check! Check your bill and keep your receipts!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I attended a wedding here which was very beautiful. The property is gorgeous, and the staff is very attentive.
The grounds at Mission Inn are filled with activites. They offer tennis, golf, plus countless other things I didn't have time to get involved with.
There are multiple restaurants to choose from complete with full liquor bars. The food and drinks are pretty good though overpriced.
Now for the rooms. Decades ago the rooms were probably imaculate, however, they have not aged well. The buildings are stuffy and somewhat smelly in places. The rooms look very old and worn. You can tell the paint and carpet haven't been replaced in ages. Oh and we were offered a freindly greeting by your average everyday Florida cockroach in our tub. You know the kind that's the size of your hand. I killed with my size 13 shoe then flushed it down the toilet. I think that just made it mad because I saw it again in the hotel once or twice after that. I think it was stalking me while planning it's revenge. Or it's clan had been summoned to it's aid with the promise of swift vengeance for their fallen comrad.
Either way, the resort as a whole makes for a great Florida getaway. I was just disgusted by the old mediocre rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been updated recently
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank doug t
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for 2 days in March 2012. We had a wonderful time justing lazing about. We walked a nature trail, ate at 3 very good restaurants and visited Yalaha. Yalaha is 3 minutes away and has the best bakery in all of Florida. The Inn is beautiful with 2 manicured golf courses, hard and clay tennis courts, a nice pool. The staff is very helpful and friendly. You are made to feel very welcomed here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Howey in the Hills
9.8 km away
10.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
11.2 km away
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares

Been to Mission Inn Resort & Club? Share your experiences!