“"Very casual and safe place to visit"”
Review of Hollywood

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Longview, Wa
8 helpful votes
“"Very casual and safe place to visit"”
Reviewed 12 May 2010

We visited Hollywood Beach for an evening two years ago and fell in love with the "Broadwalk". We were staying in Ft Lauderdale for 3 nights on our way to Key West. I had read about Hollywood Beach and Dancing Under The Stars on the Broadwalk...we had such a great evening and always planned to spend a whole week there sometime. We just finished up a week stay at the Ramada May1rst thru May 8th. The people, beach, restaurants and of course activities on the "Broadwalk" were awesome! I miss it all so much already!! You park your car in a parking garage and just walk everywhere...eat shop entertainment all along the Broadwalk...no streets to cross or cars to dodge! Safe, Safe, Safe!! A great place for anyone of any age...power walking, rollerblading and bicycling along the 2.5 mi pedestrian only Broadwalk...lots of great cafes' (reasonable prices too!) and ice cream places up and down the B-walk. Really nice public parks and restrooms too as well. You are only minutes to Miami up the A1-A which is a beautiful drive going through all the small beach towns. We went to South Beach for an afternoon to swim and enjoy the beautiful beach then had dinner at one of the many sidewalk cafes along the strip. Great place for people watching! Then we couldn't wait to head back to Hollywood Beach to join in with the many who come to hear the music and dance in the evenings at Hollywood Beach Bandshell...and ending the night with an ice cream cone a given!!

2 Thank GrammieLori
Santa Ana
“Golden Circle West South Hollywood, Florida”
Reviewed 2 December 2009

First of all let me say this, if you are entering the Fort Lauderdale airport be careful as I saw one sign on the freeway and then it is up to you to figure out where the airport is located.
Upon returning my car, to the airport, I caught a local bus that will take you to golden circle in Hollywood, florida. If you don't mind some rooms that smell like smoke I stayed at the Hill Motel it is roughly 60 dollars a night.

Although the hotel is a diaster, it is within walking distance to the Golden Circle where you can dance, dine and relax with a nice cup of coffee. It reminds me but at smaller scale.

No car needed as you stay closeby as there is also a local supermarket that is walking distance to from the motel. I did some research and Enterprise car rental is also nearby but don't count on them picking you up on time.

While at the Golden Circle stop by Chocolades where breakfast is cheap and you can bring your dogs to enjoy the meal with you. This place is mostly for people who want to be seen.

Next door is Spice a Latin Style dance club that is open seven days a week.

The beach and boardwalk is pleasent as I was able to spend the majority of my last day there. I was able to take a local bus and it is 3.50 for day pass. The ride took about 20 minutes from the motel.

3 helpful votes
“Hollywood Beach Florida, A Nice Way To Spend the Day”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

What a Beautiful way to spend the day at the Beach. The last time I was on this beach was when I lived in Florida. I enjoyed it then, but was thrilled at what the City has done to update the walkways now. They have installed a bike path, and a very wide walkway that runs parallel to the sand. What a beautiful addition. There are many shops and restaurants to choose from. Lots of cabanas that can be rented to shade the sun. There are also rentals of bikes, and bike carts. We parked in the undercover garage, which was a great choice as it shielded the car from the hot sun.

The beach was well maintained and very clean. The city also has added a nice sprinkler area for the children to run through. I loved all the additions and my friend and I certainly enjoyed the day at the beach.

We will go back.

1 Thank DeniseConnecticut
“Coral Rose Cafe - Not getting what you order”
Reviewed 8 June 2009

I am a local here in Hollywood and work on the boulevard close to the Coral Rose Cafe. I frequent eating lunch at a variety of locations. My first and last experience with the Coral Rose is appalling! I ordered a Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad. On the menu, it states that you receive homemade bread. The server was not aware of that disclosure until I asked about the bread option. The meal ordered was a "to-go" order and when I arrived at my office; my chicken was served on iceberg lettuce rather than romaine. When I called to speak with a manager, the man could not speak English so I asked to speak with the server. I explained to her that I did not receive my request and asked what she could do to rectify the problem. At first she tried to convince me that a Caesar salad should be with iceberg and then spoke to her chef, she discovers that they don't have any romaine which is why they served it on iceberg. Following consulting with the owner, she says there is nothing she could do to make amends. I told her that I would like my money back due to not receiving what I requested. I probed further to see if there would be another solution such as changing the order to something else. I was denied any kind of compensation. When I tasted the Caesar dressing; it was sour, the croutons were stale, and the bread of the day was hard. I am not sure how this restaurant is currently in business if this is the way they treat their guests. Prior to ending this, I will not go into specifics about the cleanliness or “lack there of”, at the location.

Kansas City, Missouri
41 helpful votes
“The Boardwalk”
Reviewed 3 December 2008

My husband and I took my daughter and fiancee from out of town to Hollywoods Boardwalk.We were very disappointed .It was evening,we parked at Johnson street.We had to park in a dark spooky parking garage and walk a short distance to the beach and boardwalk.The music had just ended and a lot of drunk,loud low class looking people,also there were several bums.We walked up the boardwalk and had ice cream at a great price but constantly had a creepy feeling.Headed back to leave not long after arriving.We walked past a man standing by a pole and noticed he signaled someone,then a man rode past him on a bicycle acting like they didn't know each other but did make a gesture to each other.Felt we were being set up to be robbed.Waited and walked back to the garage with a group.So creepy and glad my daughter and I did not go alone.Will never go back.Ft. Lauderdale beach or Delray beach and Los Olas so much nicer and safer.

Been to Hollywood? Share your experiences!