“Travel guru”

Ranked #16 of 711 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: USD 25 - USD 250
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: How do we do it? Captain Billy has figured out to be able to maintain best quality is to have your own fish house. Our fish house is located in the lower keys and we have 14 boats that fish the pristine turquoise waters of the gulf and the Atlantic ocean to bring in the freshest Stone Crabs, Lobsters, and Seafood that is cooked, weighted, grated, and shipped to Billy's Stone Crab 7 days a week. Billy's Stone Crab Restaurant is known far and wide nationally and internationally as one of THE best seafood restaurant & market in the Ft. Lauderdale area. And for a good reason. Billy's two story fine dining seafood restaurant, is accessible both by elevator and stairs and has floor to ceiling captivating views of the Intracoastal Water Way in the main elegant dining room. The sunset is magnificent. And at night, when the draw bridge of Hollywood Boulevard is illuminated and the lights change colors, the view is quite spectacular, making the restaurant a preferred city spot.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Popular restaurant a block from the beach and right on the canal, nice setting outside tables. Stone crab comes in different sizes and are priced by the piece, very fresh and tasty, shrimp and king crab is also good. The fish is excellent and the key west dish is fabulous with crab shrimp and fresh fish in a light butter sauce, service was rushed and lacks training for a restaurant like this. Restaurant could be a cleaner. Pricing is over the top but is expected for a tourist trap restaurant. At least dishes were of good quality and enjoyed my food.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Billy's Stone Crab is my all time favorite restaurant and I look forward to eating there every time I am in town. It is very pricey but well worth it. Try to eat outside if you can because they have great cabana seating right on the inlet and the sunset is beautiful. Their crab legs are gigantic and tasty, as is all of their food. If you are craving a fancy night out, go here.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went on a Friday night around 8 and it was unbelievably crowded just to get to the hostess stand on the second floor. Literally we could not move. We left and came back the next day around 5. Got a table outside on the canal. Service was good. Bread basket were ho hum store bought rolls. Got the fish of the day. Great selections on how to have your fish prepared. Key West style was excellent. Also got the stuffed mushroom caps. They were cooked perfectly in garlic butter and a decent amount of crab. Ordered the hash browns which were just sliced potatoes. Bit pricey for what you get. Especially with all the sides a la carte. Overall good meal but overpriced.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great food and service! My husband says I'm a picky eater, I say I just know good food. I had crab legs and my husband had the grouper, we are still talking about it. If you like cheese cake, they have the best cheesecake I've ever had! Delishes!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Service was good,the food was good the last time we ate there but the first time much of it was over cooked.

Date of visit: January 2018