“Travel guru”

Ranked #15 of 655 Restaurants in Hollywood
Price range: USD 25 - USD 250
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Waterfront Seafood Restaurant & Market in Hollywood Beach, FL Billy's Stone Crab Restaurant is known far and wide nationally and internationally as one of THE best seafood restaurant & market in the Ft. Lauderdale area. And for a good reason. Billy's two story fine dining seafood restaurant, is accessible both by elevator and stairs and has floor to ceiling captivating views of the Intracoastal Water Way in the main elegant dining room. The sunset is magnificent. And at night, when the draw bridge of Hollywood Boulevard is illuminated and the lights change colors, the view is quite spectacular, making the restaurant a preferred city spot. If you come sit on the dock or dine upstairs, you can watch this beautiful panoramic nature over the Hollywood Beach Marina. According to owner Billy Hershey, "It's very romantic. We have a comfortable atmosphere allowing customers to relax, look over the water and watch the boats pass by." Billy's Stone Crab Restaurant & Market is an ALL YOU CAN EAT* stone crab restaurant. We have ALL YOU CAN EAT* medium, large, jumbo and colossal stone crabs, stone crab dinners and ALL YOU CAN EAT* jumbo Alaskan king crab legs. Hershey says, "People come here and say Wow! Your crabs are better than Joe's. We will never say our crabs are better than Joe's. We will thank them for the greatest compliment that we can ever have."
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Popular restaurant a block from the beach and right on the canal, nice setting outside tables. Stone crab comes in different sizes and are priced by the piece, very fresh and tasty, shrimp and king crab is also good. The fish is excellent and the key west dish is fabulous with crab shrimp and fresh fish in a light butter sauce, service was rushed and lacks training for a restaurant like this. Restaurant could be a cleaner. Pricing is over the top but is expected for a tourist trap restaurant. At least dishes were of good quality and enjoyed my food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Billy's Stone Crab is my all time favorite restaurant and I look forward to eating there every time I am in town. It is very pricey but well worth it. Try to eat outside if you can because they have great cabana seating right on the inlet and the sunset is beautiful. Their crab legs are gigantic and tasty, as is all of their food. If you are craving a fancy night out, go here.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went on a Friday night around 8 and it was unbelievably crowded just to get to the hostess stand on the second floor. Literally we could not move. We left and came back the next day around 5. Got a table outside on the canal. Service was good. Bread basket were ho hum store bought rolls. Got the fish of the day. Great selections on how to have your fish prepared. Key West style was excellent. Also got the stuffed mushroom caps. They were cooked perfectly in garlic butter and a decent amount of crab. Ordered the hash browns which were just sliced potatoes. Bit pricey for what you get. Especially with all the sides a la carte. Overall good meal but overpriced.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great food and service! My husband says I'm a picky eater, I say I just know good food. I had crab legs and my husband had the grouper, we are still talking about it. If you like cheese cake, they have the best cheesecake I've ever had! Delishes!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Service was good,the food was good the last time we ate there but the first time much of it was over cooked.