We stayed here upon returning from our cruise. The lobby staff were very friendly.
Our room was nice, and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice.
The best feature of this hotel is the swimming pool. The entrance of the hotel has a nice fountain, but they have put some serious money into the pool area, and it shows! The pool has a waterfall, palm trees, lounge chairs, the entire surface is interlocked, and is just spectacular. The restaurants patio extends outside to this area.
My husband and I enjoyed lounging outside and in the pool all afternoon. Every guest that came outside were wowed. At night, they have lights shinning on all the trees, and rope lights wound up the palm trees.
There is a highway just up the hill, but the trees block 95% of the view, and you can't hear the highway on account of the waterfall. Very clever design!
We ate dinner at Denny's which is directly across the street, and there is a gas station beside the hotel where you can buy snacks, booze, etc. We did not eat at the restaurant because it looked a bit expensive. ($18 for fish and chips) but it was beautiful!
Coffee in the lobby is out at 5am, and was surprisingly very good!
The shuttle to the airport runs every 30 minutes, and was on time in the morning, and the driver was very friendly. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the airport.
I really liked that the shuttle van, pulls a trailer. That way, your luggage goes in the back, and they can fill the van with people. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel features 42' LCD flat screen TVs, microwave and refrigerators in all rooms. Overlook our stunning new tropical pool area with a large heated pool, Jacuzzi and pool bar. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is perfect for corporate travelers and families alike, the hotel is conveniently located near Ft. Lauderdale , Port Everglades, Dolphin Stadium and just 15 minutes north of Miami. There's Hollywood Beach, where you can indulge yourself in the wonderful sunshine and explore the famous Boardwalk. Also, don't forget the nearby attractions of Fort Lauderdale which bring visitors from around the world. Enjoy superb dining at our indoor/outdoor Cafe Aquatica or in the Rendezvous Reef Lounge with it's great atmosphere, whether inside or out on the terrace which overlooks our refreshing tropical pool area and waterfall. Holiday Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport is located at I-95 and Sheridan Street. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (Daily 5:00 AM - 11:59 PM).Shuttle service to the Port Everglades available for a nominal fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel Hollywood
- Holiday Inn Hollywood
- Hollywood Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hollywood, Florida