1,697 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungehollywood beachhotel restaurantoutdoor restaurantsmall balconypartial ocean viewpool areaocean frontparking garagebeautiful beachpeople watchingking bedbroad walkself parklong weekendpool staffcorner room
Reviewed 2 January 2018

We are having a hard time with this hotel. Two of us have a room two of us are waiting for a "special " room for hours. We should have read the reviews in advance. Every one has a manager rebuttal saying the customer should have bought more rooms, or should have spent more money. This hotel is $600/night for corner rooms with ocean views.

Two of us arrived 20 minutes after the other post cruise and we have a stunning corner room with two balconies and the other two have been waiting for their special room for the last 4 hours.

Restaurant. Bleh. They undercooked the gfs fish sandwich and gave me regular fries instead of the sweet potato fries I ordered. The gf asked for a burger instead of raw fried fish and it took them foooooorrrrrrrrrrevvvvvverrrrrrrrrr they replace it. Fries over salted. Borderline inedible. Bloody Mary unseasoned. Bacon strip garnish the best part. Pure tomato juice couldn't taste any vodka. Nowhere worth $9.

As for the other party waiting for the room. Reading posts from last couple days posted here. Kinda thinking they overbooked and will get a walkover... hotel term for walked over to next hotel.

$600 per night per room. The room we have is pretty sweet. Some issues with one balcony door lock being broken. Some peeling wallpaper seen. The room we don't have sucks.

Other people complaining on beach about not having rooms either.

Room became ready 5 hours after requested. They never offered them a non special room that they would have happily taken. But whatever's in hindsight they should have been more demanding for the room price.

In the early am I asked for a box at restaurant to grab a bagel and schmear and a coffee from the stay included continental breakfast in the five minutes before the Uber arrived. No luck girl walked off into kitchen and didn't tell me her plan. Perhaps she was grabbing a box. Perhaps it was a "I don't care". She never came back in 3 minutes and the Uber was coming. Had to go. Failure.

Sign in lobby says they are revamping to make this a south beach style hotel. The room I have seen is ok. Service is nonexistent. Stay Away. Go to south beach instead.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 01 (301,401,etc) are "special" rooms with ocean views and two balconies
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank james f
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

James F, thanks so much for sharing your extensive opinions about us. With so many great comments and repeat guests, we are surprised to hear of this. We are not clear on some of your comments, so feel free to contact us directly. We are glad you enjoyed your stunning corner room.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This hotel is for the moment not something I can recommend. The terrace doors are all evidently in need of repair which means that anytime someone around you opens and closes their doors you will be awoken by a very loud rumbling sound (thing dragging every furniture across a hard wood floor) that will likely wake up you if its happens at night as it frequently does. Several other guests complained about this as well. They were of course very nice and moved my room and explained that all the hotels upper floors are closed.

The location is great and i'm sure once they are done with their renovations which includes fixing these doors it will be a top hotel... At this moment I'm surprised Marriott allows their name on the place.

Room Tip: Avoid until renovation is complete, even if your room is renovated you will hear the doors of un renovated rooms open.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for your review, we do welcome you back as you enjoy our location. We are undergoing a guestroom renovation to enhance the hotel stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

I am a very loyal Marriott customer and stay with them whenever th choice is mine. That being said my husband and had just spent three grueling days packing his elderly parents home in Florida as they are moving back to New York. We had barely 24 hours to actually enjoy maybe a little warm weather near the beach and chose this hotel even with the high one night rate. I mention the one night because I feel like because we were o lay there for one night we were given the worst room. We booked a king bed- this was not a king bed. A standard king is 76x80. This is very easy for us to measure as my husband is 6'4" and e reason we get a king. His feet hung off the bed laying in either direction - not a king. Room location- right next to the elevator! Heard every person on and off and go past our room- don't stay in 413. Adding on to that location as we stated we had just been very busy working so we're looking forward to a good night sleep- well that didn't happen because at 7:30 We could hear what sounded like really loud thunder right above us only to be the cleaning cart. I will also add the pictures of the bathroom with the scratched up paint and peeling wall paper. If it wasn't for the excellent location and very welcome staff, especially the valets I would call the whole night a total loss.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeeAnn1641
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hello and thanks for staying with us. Our beds in the hotel are either a standard King bed or a room that has two double beds. We are glad that you enjoyed the excellent location and very welcoming staff. We will be sure to pass along this to them.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Free "high speed" wifi included can not play youtube videos... They want an additional $13.00 a night for "extreme" internet connection that actually works properly... disappointed that for $500 a night this would not be included.. So far other than that every thing seems like what you would expect from a hotel room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave R
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thanks for your opinions, and we are glad that most of your stay is good, we hope you consider upgrading your internet when trying to stream large amounts of data at one time.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Instead of going into the story of the multiple hours I spent of my time trying to get the staff to help with some fairly important issues that made the rooms uninhabitable, I will simply say that if you are looking for a nice, clean, well maintained hotel with a caring staff, DO NOT STAY HERE. Honestly, the staff’s name tags should read “I don’t care”. I have never experienced such a low service level at a Marriott, and I will never stay here again. The lack of interest in resolving issues at this level would have to mean that ownership and management support this lackadaisical, rude, disrespectful and uncaring environment.

In addition, cleanliness is CLEARLY not a priority when it comes to making sure the rooms are maintained between guests.

See the previous guests review of how they were treated for their Christmas stay a couple of days ago as well, and you get the picture of how they choose to treat people here. Disgusting and disgusted.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank stephanie p
marriottbeachfront, Manager at Hollywood Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thanks so much for your review, and with so many great reviews and repeat guests, we are surprised to see this from you. We hope that you addressed your concerns while you were here, so we could have assisted.