All reviews opened earlier this year beach team pool area bedroom condo beach service washer dryer management team higher floor great amenities ocean view rooms are spacious memorial day weekend beautiful resort pool towels fitness center pool attendant beach bar
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Wonderful views, casual luxury in this new oceanfront hotel in Hollywood Beach FL. All rooms are suites with balcony and full kitchen. Staff were very friendly and helpful; great outdoor pool and bar with 9th floor views. Hollywood Beach itself is a very comfortable, authentic and easily navigated city; near Miami and Fort Lauderdale but without the hustle and showiness. Hyde Resort is family friendly but also with a sophistication and modern feel that would seem to appeal to a wide range of travelers. I'd definitely stay here again. Our greeter, Yestheffany, was delightful and very accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Hyde Beach Resort and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

We are thrilled you were pleased with every aspect of your stay with us. Thank you for sharing that from check-in to departure, you were overwhelmed with the level of service, hospitality, and overall experience. Thanks again for highlighting the efficient service povided to you by Yestheffany. All of us at Hyde Resort & Residences look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Great hotel/ Condo right on the beach. Great rooms, extremely clean, very helpful staff. Wish I could have enjoyed more of the features- but had to be in a conference down the street. I was amazed at all of the families staying there. Looked like great accommodation- pool, spa.- The only bummer is not many places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank kenpouliot

We're thrilled to know your conference brought you to Hyde Resort & Residences! It is absolutely amazing to read our conference facility made up to your expectation and that you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for assuring us your re-visit with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We rented a 2 bedroom over the Christmas break. Great location and views. When I tried to check in and was speaking with the receptionist, one of the patrons cut in front of me and proceeded to yell at her for the terrible service he had over the course of his stay. Eventually security and a manager came to deal with the fellow. This was not to the first time I would be rudely cut off while speaking to the reception or concierge. Each time after I waited in line I was cut off by another guest who felt he was more important. The staff were friendly but I was hard pressed to find a guest in this place that would even say good morning while passing in the hall or lobby. Clearly only very special people stay at this resort. The elevators are an absolute nightmare. Not enough to handle the number of rooms when it is busy. We ended up using the stairs a number of times as the card you need to swipe in the elevator only works half the time. Don't expect any assistance from the other guests. When we checked in I went up to the room ahead of my wife and youngest child to meet the bell man. My wife followed in another elevator not realizing she would need a card to swipe. 3 ladies were in the elevator with her going to the 19th floor. On the way up my wife (with toddler in hand) asked if they would swipe their card so she could reach the 20th floor. They refused. My wife had to go back down and call me to come and get her. The resort has a number of security guards. At first I thought this was for the benefit of the patrons, perhaps to ensure our safety. Once we attended the pool area I discovered that this was not the case. The only job they seemed to be performing was to ensure that no one brought any drinks or snacks to the pool deck as such items had to be purchased from the adjacent restaurant. I was more than happy to purchase drinks and food from the restaurant but when they took issue with my 6 yr old having a small bag of pretzels I was disappointed. The gym was nice, but small. Again the patrons are so special at this resort they cannot bother to replace dumbells, so I had a little more workout than planned by putting 4 sets away...perhaps they were too heavy for them. The room was large but not pristine, and it could have been cleaner. I would not recommend staying at this place unless you are one of those special entitled people that would fit in here, but even then you better be prepared to use the stairs. We went up the road a mile and stayed at the new Margaritaville Resort. Guests at this resort smile, say hello, open doors and hold elevators. If you prefer that kind of atmosphere then I recommend it.

Room Tip: go up the road to Margaritaville
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank p9112018
00gc, General Manager at Hyde Beach Resort and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy your stay was mostly pleasant with the exception of the conduct of some of our staff and our other patrons. We are so sorry that this effected your stay the way that it did. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and hope you will give us an opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We had a big 2-bedroom family suite with kitchen and ocean view. Everything is just top notch at this hotel. The gym is great, the pool is really nice and you can just walk to the beach. Only issue we had was the elevators - our key cards need to be reset 1 to 2 times a day for use the elevators.
There is a restaurant at the pool deck where you also can get breakfast. We did that once and it was really good but just way to expensive for a family. The rest of the days we shopped at the close-by Wallmart and prepared breakfast and lunch ourself in the apartment.
There is really no way valet parking, which is around 40 dollars per day. Maybe there is a public parking somewhere but you would have to walk quite bit.
The location is great in some way - at the beach, close to airport and Everglades but just in the neighbourhood there is not much to do, so you beed to drive for almost anything and the traffic is brutal.
We would come back anytime to this nice place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank thomas g
00gc, General Manager at Hyde Beach Resort and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thomas, thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hyde Resort & Residences. We are delighted we met your expectations. Thanks again for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay, and we hope you are already planning another trip our way.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Hi,
I think Derek and Lilly are the best receptionists of the hotel as they are very kind and they always show you a smile on their faces. They do their work with a lot of passion and i would like to have them work all day. I have been staying here since it opened and i apprecciate a lot this hotel and this two persons!!! These two have stood out from the rest. We enjoy seeing them whenever we return to our apt.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Hyde Beach Resort and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Tobias, thank you for making the Hyde Resort & Residences your home away from home. There is no better compliment than a guest who keeps coming back time after time. It makes our day to read such wonderful compliments, and we thank you for sharing that you were warmly welcomed and your requests were handled promptly and efficiently. Derek and Lilly, as well as rest of the team, will be pleased to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.