New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Hollywood
florida
“OK but not Las Vegas!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Just did an over night at the Hard Rock, Ft. Lauderdale and it was OK. The casino does not have the professionalism of a "Las Vegas casino", it is run by the tribe and they can do pretty much what they want. Casino staff rude with a "they are more important than the player" attitude .

Lots of great reviews about what great restaurants they have well there are many excellent restaurants in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Are the ones at Hard Rock excellent, no, just OK.

The rooms again are OK much like a chain hotel room. A little dark and gloomy looking for a place that you are suppose to be having fun at.

Hopefully the Getting resort/casinos will come to Miami and the Hard Rock will fade out into the sunset.

Go to the Bahamas much better!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flylady123
LisaArredondo, Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on our resort. It is our desire to ensure that all of our guests have an exceptional experience, but sometimes we fall short in meeting everyone’s personal expectations. With 86 acres of gaming, restaurants, night clubs, recreation, and a hotel that recently had an $8 million renovation we hope that you can find something that meets your needs on your next visit. Thank You,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Grand Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I had a negative experience at a casino meal on 3/23/12. Soup was spilled on us but my boyfriends mother got the most of it in her hair & on her shirt plus it was in my $100 purse & my business planner is also ruined as well as spilling on my boyfriends sandals...I had no idea that pieces from the soup were also attached to the front of my pants. The waitress was not responsive & showed attitide when we asked her to speak to the manager that they will do nothing for an accident! The manager came over said he would take care of it & left. We had to ask to change tables+got no help cleaning up the mess, etc & attitude from the waitress who did the spilling & then got almost no attention to see if we need anything else after all this happened. The casino advertises "excellent" service BUT it does not exist. I do not live locally and you have just ruined a $100 purse also as well as upset part of our day there. Then to add to all of this: After 1 hour of calling to speak with someone about this I finally got someone to speak with. I was even given phone numbers thru the corporate number that did not work! May I suggest what others casinos do is a suite overnite for the night and a comped meal. This has the Hard Rock name but NOT the Hard Rock service nor the quality of service that it should have. If that had been you sitting there and with soup in your hair and on your shirt or just ruined a designer pursse & were then treated badly & ignored as you watched others get allot better service how would you feel?????

Room Tip: Eat by the pool NOT at this restraunt!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KarenFodor
LisaArredondo, Guest Relations Manager at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us; we appreciate the time taken to let us know about your visit.
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just spent the weekend here for a guys trip and it was a great time! Hotel rooms were very impressive - we had a 3 room suite which was very spacious and very well appointed. Showers had awesome water pressure which was great. Beds were very comfortable. Room service was prompt and overall had great food. The overall vibe of the casino/complex is really cool - it's like a mini city with everything you need there - plenty of shops, bars/clubs, restaurants, etc. Went to Club Passion one night and had a great time there - good music and overall vibe. The casino was also nice, though I could have done without all the indoor smoking. The pool area was also nice and huge. The hotel has free wifi which is greatly appreciated as too many properties charge for this service (a ridiculous practice, in my opinion). Overall, had a great time here and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow! Sounds like you all had lots of fun and we are happy to hear about your experience. Thank you for taking the time and hope to see you all again very soon.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Began our 8 day trip flying into Ft. Lauderdale, picking up a car and spending one night at The infamous Hard Rock. Upon arrival (which was early) our room was ready to check in and I was told we were upgraded to a pool view on the 8th floor. I liked the security in the hotel as we had to show room keys before entering the elevator. The room was very nice with 2 beds and a terrific view of the pool below. We checked out the facility immediately and were impressed with the layout and the amount of rock and roll memorabilia everywhere. The casino was busy but easy to get around with a nice variety of tables and machines. The pool was just beautul with a restaurant/bar right in the middle. There are numerous shops and restaurants located just outside the hotel with something for everyone. The lobby bar was pretty cool and a good location to meet our friend who now lives in Hollywood! My wife and I were extremely happy with The Hard Rock. The only negative was my wife not knowing smoking was allowed everywhere. Being from New York State you can't smoke anywhere anymore. Smoke doesn't bother me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your feedback! Sounds like everything you expected and more! Can't wait to have you back. Please let your wife know although we are not entirely non smoking we do have a designated non smoking area she may enjoy. Hope to see you back again soon.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Visited propety during business trip. Signed up for VIP card and new member promotion stated that if you lost up to $100 during stay you would receive the amount you lost in a voucher for a future visit. So I lost a couple hundred dollars on the blackjack tables and returned home expecting a voucher for $100, it never arrived. I recently returned to the Casion and while their inquired with the customer service reps, they looked me up in the system and said they show that I had made $300 and were unable to help. They suggested I see a pit boss on the floor. So I explained this all to him, even told him the times he would see me buying in, playing and leaving. He said they've been having a bunch of problems with the promotion and he would see what he could do. I saw him call over someone and check the computer. In the end he said exactly what the others did, that I made $300. He said he believed me but there was nothing that could be done. He did offer me meal voucher which I refused. I told him I enjoy the casino but on principal I would not return there to gamble and would take that business to the smaller local casino across the street instead if I didn't either get a $100 voucher or at least $100 to play with at a table until is was spent or a period of time. I even suggested a voucher for a single bet, all of this was refused. While this is not an actual review of the property, which is nice for a casino atmosphere, I find it difficult to believe that they could not figure out a way to make a $100 correction for a player that will bring in 6-10K in annual gambling action. Oh well, on to the Seminole casino.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you. We appreciate and value your feedback. And hope you will try us again.