9 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
Curio.com
USD 452
Free cancellation until 27/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
USD 396
PricelineUSD 447
Hotels.comUSD 447
Prestigia.comUSD 434
5,923 results
All reviews conference center lobby bar corner suite beautiful hotel ocean view pool area self parking beach resort pool staff spring break family vacation beach chairs south florida fort lauderdale playa balcony pools
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2015

Great place for any kind of vacation! Stayed here couple of times for the past three years. Beautiful pools and amenities( especially with colored lighting at night)! Strongly recommend ocean front balcony room. The only thing - we missed the this year fragrance that used to be all over the hotel... It made the hotel unique. And the bathroom supplies were changed to something less since too. Hope they will revise it soon

Date of stay: August 2015
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I have stayed at this hotel twice now in the past couple months, Its a great full service hotel. I am a Hilton Diamond Member for the past 7 years and am defiantly a bit on the "picky" side when it comes to accommodation. Both visits I stayed in a Deluxe Oceanview Balcony Room and was very pleased. I would defiantly recommend staying on the 15th floor or lower if you want to look at anything other then the sky. My previous trip I was on the top floor and the view was like looking at nothing.... unless you hung over the balcony to look below.
Both trips I rented a Cabana for the duration and I think they are Way Way overpriced (They cost more then a room for a night) I found with some persuasion the price is somewhat flexible but the last thing I want to do on a vacation is haggle. The whole concept is a little strange they say they are made for family but there is only room for 2 lounge chairs, and if you pull another over.. they make you put it back. A little restrictive for the $200-$300 per day price tag. you get a few bags of chips 2 granola bars and 2 pitchers of non alcoholic pop or lemonade or ice tea The cabana has a bar fridge which is really nice and a TV which is kinda pointless unless you have kids that want to spend there time watching TV inside... as you can only seat 2 outside
Our attendants FiFi and Oscar were super accommodating for the duration of the trip. They knew us by name and made sure to check on us every hour or so.
We had a late flight on the Sunday and had the Cabana till 6pm, but had to check out at 1pm. I went down to the desk to arrange for a late check out and I was told it was a $100 charge to check out at 4pm, I asked about using the shower in the spa at 6pm so we could enjoy the cabana till 6pm as thats what we paid for.. They wanted to charge $35 to use the shower??? A little crazy... considering not only am I a Diamond member , But I lived in a Hilton Property in Canada for 2 1/2 years... You would think the $60,000 + Dollars a year I spend ... I would be able to take a Shower for Free?? Kinda Crazy.
I landed up in frustration speaking with an Amazing Front Desk attendant Pamela who took the time to understand my situation and granted us a 4pm late checkout at no charge, We landed up putting our bags into storage and staying in the cabana till 6pm. We still didn't get to shower... Just changed in there lobby bathroom, Again which considering what I spend with Hilton in a year... I find Insulting.
Needless to Say I have booked another vacation at the diplomat for the end of the month as despite all the annoyances it really is a lovely hotel.

Room tip: Lower floors if you want to see anything but the sky
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 365celinea
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Beautiful, clean, excellent location.In few word :Very good!! Amazing pools and very good customer services are positive points in behalf. I requested in advance rollover bed, I have a sofa bed instead!. Late check out? Granted without fees! Confortables rooms, nice bathroom, amazing view in my 23rd front ocean room. I had an issue! by error the housekeeping did early check out and emptied my refrigerator without my consent, I directed to management and as a courtesy they replaced the inconvenient with a credit at " THE SPLASH" the pool restaurant and we had replaced our food. An example of they care about customer satisfaction.It s expensive hotel but if you can afford it, I highly recommend it!Great for couples, great for families too.As a note: should improve in room cleanness as the hotel appearance I would like to see immaculates rooms but, when you detailed around bathroom is a little disappointing ! Nightlife, daily entertainment around and a beautiful beach will be your combo, Enjoy!!

1  Thank tchirolde
Amanda V, Guest Relations Manager at The Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Dear Tania C,

My staff and I are so very humbled by your comment that we are "one of the best hotels in Hollywood". We feel honored to have earned your trust! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay so much and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We had a two nights stay in Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood. This is a very nice and comfortable resort. The staff was good, room nice, breakfast also good and the view from the balcony absolutely fabulous.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RKonicek

Dear RKonicek,

Thank you for your lovely comments. We cannot wait to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 14 October 2015

This is beautiful hotel right on the beach. Awesome views from the room. The beach is just steps away and the pools are beautiful. There are choices for fine dining, a burger, or deli type food to take out. Rooms are luxurious and have wonderful bathrooms.

Room tip: Ask for a room on the ocean side of the hotel. Great views!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Fishingsquirel,

Sounds like you had a great time here! We could not agree more about the views from our guest rooms, they are breathtaking! We hope to see you again soon.