Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
USD 133
USD 199
USD 61
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 97/night.

USD 71
Priceline
Free cancellation until 04/08
USD 327
USD 312
All reviewstaco shackbunk bedspeasfree bikessurf boardshollywood beachpod roombeach chairscute placetacosbike rentalsshort walk to the beachlocation was perfectcommon areaslive musicmini fridgecleaning staff
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is super close to the Broadwalk and beach, which is gorgeous. The rooms are nicely decorated. We used their free towels and bag chairs on two different days and that was a nice amenity. With that being said, here is the bad news: We could hear every word of the guy that was rooming next door, through the connecting door, along with his TV. The outside lights shine through the blinds at night and I ended up putting up a blanket over the window to help darken the room. There was one guy that worked the front desk (I wish I had caught his name) that was really nice. Everyone else was "meh." I'm surprised how many workers walk by you and don't say a word. We had a suite with a separate bedroom and bunk beds. The air conditioner in that room smelled extremely musty. Gross. And, maybe this is just Florida, but all of our clothes were damp at all times in that room. The housekeepers replaced dirty towels, but never swept the floors (beach sand) and there were dirty dishes they never took out. On the last day, they didn't even take the overflowing garbage, but took their tip.
In the middle of our last night there, the power went out to our room. My husband tried calling several times and no one answered, so we just tried to go to sleep. The room was stifling hot and we had to be up at 4:00 AM to finish packing to catch our flight. My husband went to the front desk at 4:00 and the kid working said he could get us a new room. "Huh? No, we're leaving, we just need lights to see/pack." "Sorry, nothing I can do." NO offer to figure it out or maybe get a flashlight or make a phone call?! So, my husband luckily saw a power box attached to the building, found our room and flipped a breaker and got the power back on!
One of the things that drew me to this hotel was the fact that they own the Taco Beach Shack, next door. Our favorite food. We wanted to love it. Food was good, music was great, decor was great - service was terrible. And we consider ourselves pretty patient people. Whether it was busy or not, the workers are on their phones and not paying attention and the bartenders are super slow. We tried it three different occasions (I said we were patient) and they had to go down the list of the basic items that they were "out of" every time. I can deal with small issues. Things aren't perfect. But, we can't deal with bad customer service. From the hotel to the restaurant, the workers just seem indifferent. Get new management and we'd maybe try again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
SBG_GM, Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write your review!

We are sorry to read your stay was not a great one.

Our reviews are authentic- we work hard to make sure our guests have a great time with us. It is to my surprise to read you consider our staff unfriendly- other reviews seamed to differ with your perspective.

We are glad you enjoy our location, very close to the beach and our nice amenities that not many other places offer to their guests.

I will share your comments to the Taco Beach Shack management.

I would like to find out more about your stay if you care to share it with me since you are using the name cally4827 to write your review. I am giving you my name and email. I can be reached directly at pamela.garcia@southbeachgroup.com hopefully I will hear from you.

We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations .Thank you for your suggestions.

Pam Garcia

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Our family has been coming here for years...probably, since it opened under the South Beach Group. Everytime we have been here we feel like we are right at home. Under the leadership of Pamela, the staff is welcoming, friendly and willing to help you with anything you need. Although the hostel vibe is gone, it will still feel like home away from home for this Wisconsin family. The Taco Shack has incredibly delicious food too!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear plramz, there are no enough words to thank you and your lovely family for your continuously loyalty!
We appreciate that you keep giving us the opportunity to serve you better every year.
We wish you all the best and xoxo to your family, looking forward to see you next year, perhaps, again this year..?!

Best regards,

Pam Garcia and staff.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had to pay a lot just to park ONE car. Also, the toilet seats are very low. This is bad in some cases, such as ours. The beds were not the "best quality beds" since we have stayed at many other places prior to this. Otherwise, it is close to the beach, and the personnel were very nice!!

Room Tip: Increase the height of the toilet seats, better quality beds.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your rating and comments, We value all of our guests feedback!
We strive for perfection and apologize your stay didn't meet expectations.
If we can better assist you in the future please contact me directly so we can meet all of your travel needs successfully. Kind regards,
Pam Garcia.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The shower handle wasn’t on and placed on the shelf in the shower guessing it was broken off and not fixed, the room had a mildew smell almost like a basement we were told by manny to turn on the AC as it helps with humidity which causes the smell. Even with the ac running it didn’t go away. There was barely any channels that worked on the tv so if you have a ps4 with Netflix, bring it because they have internet. Other than those few things it was a great stay! They had a grill that we used twice, the parking wasn’t an issue (extra charge of $10 a night) they had bikes to use, a little laundry area by the office! Very close to the beach and plenty of restaurants and shops and extremely close to margaritaville. If you’re looking for a night life area with clubs and a younger crowd this particular spot (Hollywood) isn’t that past 9pm! BUT Fort Lauderdale, which isn’t far at all, is perfect for that scene!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your rating and comments, We value all of our guests feedback!
We strive for perfection and apologize your stay didn't meet expectations.
Pam Garcia.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I couldn’t say enough good things about Hollywood Beach Suites and Hotel! We arrived to a very pleasant hotel desk clerk who showed us around and made sure we knew about the free bike rentals! When we got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised by the clean, modern room! The outdoor sitting areas between all the rooms are so comfortable and a great way to relax! The location also couldn’t be better with the beach within walking distance! We had no problems finding parking for our room either. We ate at the Taco Shack also and had an amazing meal on our first day there! I highly recommend this perfect, quaint beach hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Beth K,
Your kind feedback on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am very glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! Our location is great as we are within walking distance to the beach and many other hot spots here in Hollywood Beach, FL. Our Taco Beach Shack restaurant is the bomb! We definitely hope to have you stay with us again in the future!!
Have an amazing day!