All reviews front desk free breakfast the security guard clean hotel bathroom door would definitely stay here again yogurt miami laundry
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Hotel staff is great and conveniently located to the 826 Interstate about 13 miles from North Miamia and 20 from South Miami. I stay at hotels 7 days out of each month so I know hotels fairly well. This would would be great is you get a rate of under $99. If you pay more than that here you will not be satisfied if you are here for the beach. Too far away and rooms are just ok and bathroom is tiny...entry door must be closed to open the bath room. That's what I mean tiny space. Elevator is suspect as I used the stair because it is slow. Must have a car as I did as it is in located on the interstate across from a hospital. Pay an addiction $50 bucks and you could be on the beach in a average hotel for around $200. If staying in Ft Lauderdale you can get a Suite for $100 at the Sheradon Suites this is where I stayed last time and just drove to the beaches. About a 30-45 min drive depending on traffic. However it was really nice with a living area and bedroom area and wetbar area. Just what you need if you have kids.

• Stayed: February 2012
CPapadopulos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for your positive remarks regarding our staff, location, and room amenities, as well as your high ratings on our cleanliness. I will be sure to share with our staff. I am sorry you feel we might be priced a bit high, but we feel we provide a good value given our location and amenities (i.e. free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, etc.). Our pricing is definitely comparable to similar properties in the area, and please keep in mind that January through March is “high” season in Miami. I thank you for your feedback, as we always strive to provide the best hotel experience possible.

Constantino Papadopulos

Reviewed 1 February 2012

We wanted to stay in the Miami area for work reasons but did not want to spend a fortune- neither did we want to stay in a dated hotel. This hotel was clean and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to this area. The breakfast was a typically good Holiday Inn Express breakfast with hot cinnamon rolls, eggs, bisquits, pancakes, coffee, bagels, etc... This hotel is not near downtown Miami but the price made it worth the extra travel. However we do not recommend leaving downtown Miami at 5pm and traveling to this hotel as there is a lot of traffic at that time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank motogrlmissy
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights after completing a Royal Caribbean cruise....The hotel itself is in a pretty convenient location; of course we were driving so getting around was not a big issue. We got to the hotel at around 11am and were told that our room was not ready. The clerk tried to dismiss us by pointing out a sign which indicated that checkin time was 3pm....of course I insisted that she at least make an effort to accomodate her valued guests rather than pointing to a sign. So she made a call to the housekeeping supervisor who indicated that a room would be ready in an hour....so we went to lunch and returned later and checked in without issue. Truthfully however that was the only real negative of our stay...

The room itself is quite large as hotel rooms go. It was also fairly comfortable. The airconditioning in our room was one of the units which switches off completely when it reaches it's target temperature (rather than those which switch off the compressor and leave on the fan) so that can be annoying if you are someone who needs the background noise to sleep. It did not bother me too much however. The room was kept clean throughout our stay.

Breakfast was OK....standard continental breakfast...so it was a little limited. I liked the vending machines on each floor; great for a midnight snack and drink. Finally the free in-room internet and use of the guest computer was great for checking in online for our flight and printing boarding passes.

Room Tip: If you get there early and they point at the 3pm checkin time get them to make the call to housekeeping....
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TriniEljay
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Clean, comfortable hotel. Staff are very attentive. Lots of parking. A little noisy on the upper floors as it is beside a highway. Also, as alot of workers stay here, you can hear them starting their trucks and going off to work around 7.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Breakfast (hot and cold) is good. All in all, stay here if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mslade
Reviewed 20 December 2011

a beat up hotel that is noisy as hell

in dire need of an upgrade to furnishings and windows

the check-in and breakfast staff did seem to be efficient though

Room Tip: if your only other choice is sleeping on a park bench, sleep in a room facing south
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank numberoneson
CPapadopulos, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes), responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

I am truly sorry that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. We strive to provide a great guest experience by equipping our guestrooms with double pane windows to help minimize exterior noise. In addition, our guestrooms have all the amenities our guests need including comfortable beds, spacious work desks, and 32” flat screen televisions. I am glad to hear our staff was efficient in serving you during your stay. We are committed to always improving our product and service level, so we thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Constantino Papadopulos