“Great steaks and ribs”

Manny's Original Chophouse- Haines City
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in Haines City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Our family stopped at Manny’s Chophouse after going to Legoland. We were glad we called ahead but still had about an hour wait. The salad is the best. Huge bowl and all you can eat. The bread is also addicting. We could have filled up in just those things. We got steak and ribs and had way too much food. We love going to Manny’s. It was my grandpas favorite restaurant and we went there in his honor.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,996)

Reviewed 3 April 2021

As first time travelers to the area, we were pleasantly surprised! We arrived at 6pm. The atmosphere was party-like and customers were moved in and out quickly. The bar was packed. We were seated quickly and met Skip, our server, who took orders and got our food to us like he had done it a million times. He checked on us 4-5 times, had a sense of humor and followed through on every detail. The steaks were prepared perfectly and the cinnamon butter atop everything was awesome! They had happy hour not only in the bar but also at the table! It was a great experience. We had to tell Kevin, the manager on site. He was delivering food to the customers along with his team. Good job, to that team. Highly recommended place.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

The food at Manny’s is pretty good but the happy hour is great! The portions are a good size and the staff are always friendly. The fajitas are tasty and their house salad is excellent. I ordered steak and shrimp once and it was terrible but others say it’s been good so I’ll have to give them another try.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 11 January 2021 via mobile

Experienced Mannys for the first time, and EVERYONE in my party thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service!

Let's start with the food! Your meal starts with a "family style" endless salad bowl and unlimited sweet yeast rolls with cinnamon butter. The website states a choice of Garlic Ranch or Caesar dressing, however we were not given an option. The salad comes in a large bowl, and includes croutons, pepperoncinni, and diced tomatoes. They were VERY accommodating by putting tomatoes on the side.

Although the salad and rolls are great, save room for your main course! As this was my first visit, I wanted to try their steak and ribs. The combo consists of a 6oz Sirloin and half rack of ribs, along with a side. The steak was cooked a PERFECT medium, which typically is difficult to find. The ribs were tender, and well flavored. They didn't need any extra sauce, however both their steak and BBQ are their brand, and delicious. As an appetizer we had the onion rings. It was obvious that they were fresh, and best of all they were NOT greasy.

As a side, I had the loaded baked potato. There is a minimal unchange for being loaded. The potato itself was very large. My friends had the steakhouse fries and garlic mashed potatoes. The mashed were very favorable, and well fries are pretty much fries. They were "skinny fries" and unseasoned.

Two of my friends had the Prime Rib. The cuts were generous and perfectly cooked. The Prime Rib was the nicest that I have ever seen. Minimal fat, and very tender.

As for the service, I can't say enough about Lauren! Although they were quite busy, Lauren was VERY attentive to our table. She was prompt to serve us, and take care of any concerns we had. Sadly we did encounter two drinking glasses with chipped rims, and the taste of the soda was "off" for one of my guests, and "flat" for 2 others. Lauren happily replaced the drinks from a different machine and they were fine.

As for the prices, they are a little high, but you get what you pay for! There are numerous specials such as "early bird" and happy hour which you can take advantage of. Prices MAY vary by location, however the prices in this review are what we paid. Happy Hour drafts were $4.69. Well drinks were $6.85. Very reasonably priced, and 2 for 1 during happy hour! My steak/rib combo was $24.98, and the 12 oz Prime Rib was $21.98. Our onion ring appetizer was $8.39.

All in all, I can't say enough about Manny's! They have a new loyal customer!

1  Thank DaytonaGuy
Reviewed 5 January 2021

Have been a Manny's fan for 16 years now and they never disappoint. Last night it was Rib Eye, Prime Rib, NY Strip and of course their great salad.