“THE VERY BEST”
Review of James Barbeque

James Barbeque
Ranked #4 of 24 Restaurants in Groveland
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have never had barbecue melt in my mouth. Yes this meat will. It was the best I have ever eaten. And I am not a barbecue fan. It is a very clean restaurant and the owner is always there and will pull up a chair and chat. The meat fell off the bones. Don’t miss this place.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 15 March 2018

If you ever get to the Groveland area in Lake county, stop in at James Barbecue for a great tasting lunch.
My wife and I ate at James' a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to go back ever since, my bad. James and his wife are very friendly and come to the table to say hi.
We ordered the brisket and ribs and we both found them to be very very good as well as the sides. Their iced tea is some of the best in the area.
My wife and I will be returning and I do recommend James Barbeque to everyone. Give them a try, and leave a post. Like to see if you agree with my review.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Just had lunch at James BBQ. I had the Rib dinner and my wife had pulled pork. Both were exceptionally good. Love the sauce. Then as a bonus James came out and greeted us. Service was good. Price was good. All around a most enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Some of the best brisket I've had, nice and fatty and tasty; shedded not sliced, but melt in your mouth wonderful. The mac & cheese was fantastic too. The greens were cooked well, but with a strong, unconventional flavor I didn't love. Mr. James, the owner, and his family couldn't be nicer and more welcoming.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Let me say I absolutely love barbecue, but I have been meat free for quite a while. Despite that I wanted to go to James for the sides. They were terrific! James has a great host and greet you personally. We introduced ourselves, shook hands and made ourselves comfortable. I had four sides: greens, baked beans, mac & cheese and potato salad. All were homemade and delicious. The greens were a bit too salty for my liking, but were very tasty. They were full of delectable pork fat, which I pulled out. The beans were sweet and potato salad had just enough pickle in it. The mac & cheese was not overly cheesy and fresh. I had a large sweet tea which was very large and not too sweet. We all shared their sock it to me cake, which was a warm cinnamon sugar cake with an icing drizzle. My friends had pulled pork and brisket sandwiches and both were raving about how soft and juicy the meat was. We are totally looking forward to visiting James barbecue again on our next visit to Groveland!

Date of visit: January 2018