All reviews holiday inn express ceiling fan cracker barrel room was clean gas station spent two nights next morning free breakfast yogurt the breakfast area convenient location the staff was friendly and helpful first floor would stay here again football game nice stay shands hospital
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We arrived at the hotel late (7 pm) and were given a suite since they were sold out and we had a reservation. The suite was clean and everything worked which was the good point. The next day we mentioned to the Assistant General Manager that we found it frustrating that the suite was two rooms but only had one telephone in the living room. When the wake up call came in not only was the phone not loud but by the time we got to the living room it had stopped ringing. The response back was that IHG only requires one phone in a suite. This in my mind was not a please the guest attitude. In addition their was only one hook to hang your towel in the bathroom. He didn't seem concerned about this either even though he could have bought another hook for under a dollar at a. hardware store.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at hom hotel + suites, Trademark Collection by Wyndham , responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the suite that we gave you. Unfortunately since IHG only requires 1 phone to be in each room, and for it to be located in the living area in our suites, we chose to not place another phone in the room because management didn't deem it necessary. I'm sorry that this caused issues during your stay. We will be remodeling the hotel sometime this year and hope that once we finish you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with a better experience. Please call me at 352-376-0004 or email me at gnvswgroups@aol.com with any other comments, questions, or concerns.

Patrick Duggan
Director of Sales

Reviewed 24 April 2017

Very clean - has a great breakfast - nice pool area.- easy check in and check out- convenient location lots of good restraunts and shopping nearby. Only stayed one night but would defiantly stay again.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

A great location to stay while breaking up our drive home. Upon check in we were greeted by fresh baked cookies and a friendly efficient employee. When inquiring where to dine he suggested a great local place which proved to be great advice. Room was comfortable, sheets soft, pillows plentiful, shower pressure good and hot. Free hot breakfast always a plus! Downsides: not enough power outlets on nightstand, suggest staying on west side as there are bright lights shining on the hotel from the highway and would have preferred not to have had to go down to the lobby to get ice. On the upside it's the first time I've seen a laundry station enclosed in glass by the elevator on the top floor. Made a perfect sauna. Found it while looking for ice.

Room tip: Rooms on West side darker
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth1022013
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Don't leave valuables in your room. My stay here was decent except that my fitness tracker watch was taken from my room. I realized I had left the item in my room within 4 hours of checking out and called immediately. The item was gone. The Manager was understanding but did nothing about my Samsung Gear Fit2 that was stolen. I know the exact spot on the edge of the tub where it was left but it was already taken. Manager confirmed that rooms stay locked until they are cleaned.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TammieVaughn, Director of Sales at hom hotel + suites, Trademark Collection by Wyndham , responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2017

I would like to thank you for contacting us quickly after you thought that you left your Samsung Gear Fit2 in your room. Unfortunately, as my manager stated, the item was not found in the room and I am sure that our staff was not responsible for this either. we have received expensive jewelry, electronics, and wallets from the same staff that cleaned the room that you stayed in. They are very trustworthy and we exhausted all of our efforts to look every where we can think of for your item. As the General Manager stated, we will make sure to keep a look out for it and contact you immediately if we do find it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the lost item and hope that it turns up soon. Please do not hesitate to call us at 352-376-0004 or email me at gnvswgroups@aol.com with any comments, questions, or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Patrick Duggan
Director of Sales

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I was staying at the Holiday Inn in Gainesville because my father was in the VA hospital. I was only expecting to stay two days but my father turned terminally ill. I tried to book the rest of the time I was to stay there online but the Saturday night was all booked. So I booked the Sunday through Friday. I went up to the front desk Friday night and asked if there were any rooms that became available since I wasn't going to have much time left with my father I wanted to see him as much as possible. Chris at the front desk said they were all booked up but he took my room number and said if anything became available that he would call me. Bless Chris as he came through and called me first thing in the morning to tell me that they had a room become available. He even let me stay in the same room for the remainder of the time. My father passed away on Sunday and the staff was very helpful when I had to cut my stay short since I no longer needed to stay in Gainesville. Truly amazing and caring staff. Thank you Chris for making this an easy stay for me and not complicated at all.

Date of stay: February 2017