“Comfortable clean spacious room”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Gainesville
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed two nights in a king room. Whole hotel was clean and friendly. Room was nice with lots of space and quiet also. TV has HD. Breakfast was above average. LImited parking in front. Location is convenient to UF, Shands, food, etc. The only negative was the temperature in the lobby, breakfast area, and hallways - very hot. We will likely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Stayed here on the way to Naples for 79.99. Two nights later stopped to stay here on the way home. The night manager, Ashley refused to honor the 79.99 rate and when we left she spouted off "hope you have good luck." We had the receipt from the previous stay and she acted as though the receipt was a fake. Some of the worst customer service i have had. Left HIE and went next door to Country Inn and stayed. Country Inn is a way better hotel, much nicer rooms, better breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawgfan444
TammieVaughn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gainesville/I-75 SW, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

The rate you received your first night was the coupon rate the night auditor provided you with due to the time of your arrival and the occupancy on that date. The second time you came, the coupon rate was not available due to our occupancy. I apologize for the problem that this issue caused you. The coupon restrictions are explained in detail on the coupon to try and avoid these types of situations.
Tammie Vaughn, GM

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Beware Shands Patients! If you have an early surgery procedure at Shands Medical Center, do not check into this place before 3 to secure your possessions or you will charged for 2 days. We arrived at 4:30 AM after driving all night, checked in, secured our possessions and then proceeded to our appointment at the surgery center at 7 AM.
After the procedure, we returned to the room expecting to rest and then head back to Destin at 4 PM. Instead, we were awakend at noon by people literally beating on our door telling us we must vacate the room, after being there only 7 1/2 hours. We were told that anyone checking in before 3 PM is subject to a daily charge. Beware, this place obviously is set up to take advantage of people who are already dealing a lot of pain & stress.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Good location right off I-75 @ Archer Rd. Nightly cookies. Breakfast is good with scrambled eggs or omelettes with cheese. Large selection. Free USA Today. Pool is heated which is nice during the winter. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Close to everything in Gainesville. Bathroom smells stale as water leaks during a shower unto the floor. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ted40
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here for New Year's Eve 2012 on the way home from a scuba trip to the Manatee coast. The hotel was certainly clean, but several little things made me think I could pick another HI property and be a little happier. My room was on a points stay, and usually that means you get a little thank you bag with cookies, or snacks to welcome you. We did not on this one, still no big deal. After getting to the room, noticed that it was an older hotel: it had been painted well, but did not have that "new car smell" most HIE's have. I liked the sink being in the main room area, but that made the bathroom almost too tiny to use when trying to hang up wet clothes. The tub was note worthy... it did not have a flat bottom, but curved. This meant water stood in it, leaving a rusty ring but more importantly, it made it very uncomfortable to stand in. Add to it no tub mat, and it was a slippery dangerous setup. TV selection was very nice, with many channels in HD, including the science channel. I see reviews saying the beds were average, but room 206 had rather comfortable matresses. The fridge and microwave worked well, and we watched the new years ball drop was watched on a nice flat panel. In the end, Not bad at all, but I think I will pick another HI property next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends