All reviews full kitchen front desk social hour bedroom suite marriott properties oatmeal road noise stayed here for one night rooms are large first floor would stay here again very nice hotel great room short drive archer road housekeeping staff dominique
Reviewed 23 July 2016

So, I want to preface this post by saying I LOVE staying at Marriotts! I am a lifetime platinum elite and they are always my first choice of hotels. I particularly enjoy Residence Inns as there is a kitchen. The gentleman who check me in, who was from Ft. Lauderdale was very nice and helpful. He regretted not being able to offer me a room upgrade, which I was fine with. He even said he could upgrade me, but it would be on the noisy side of the hotel. He said my room was on the "quieter" side. If my room was on the quieter side, I would hate to have been on the noisy side which is closer to the interstate. The traffic noise was very loud. When this hotel was built, they should have taken their close proximity to the interstate into account. During checkout, there wasn't a luggage cart to be had, and I REALLY needed one for all the workshop supplies I had with me. After some requests, the woman at the front desk asked another gentleman to try to locate of the two luggage carts they have. She stated that people just pull them into their rooms the night before. Now, I do know that is true, but usually hotels have some sort of cart stash. I stood waiting for him to come back for over 20 minutes, eventually, I went to by car and grabbed the flimsy small folding luggage cart I had and took it up to the room and made trips. Only when I was done and on the last batch did she ask if I needed help to the car. Also, the icemaker in the fridge never did get fixed. They only put ice in there on my last day and then by the time I got to the room that evening, it was an unusable block of ice. They did have a small ice tray in the fridge that I was able to use. On the positive side, the kitchen staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Especially the gentleman at breakfast (Mark?). Residence Inn has cut back on the number of nights they actually serve anything substantial, but the one night they did, the staff went out of their way to set up a beautiful presentation. So, having said all this, am I still a believe in Residence Inns...absolutely. Will I stay at that Residence Inn again? Probably because I love the Marriott brand, but I will make sure I am in a room as far away from the interstate as possible, bring earplugs, and will bring my own cart!

Room tip: Ask for one away from the Interstate
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tyler D, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Dear Stephie H thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us.

We understand how important quite rooms are and will certainly share with your comments with our ownership group. Every effort will be made to assure all guest have enjoyable and relaxing stays.

Our breakfast and social crew are truly one of our biggest assets, I will share your comments with them.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

Staying 4 days while kids at UF swim camp. Stayed in 2 bedroom on top floor. Nice full kitchen. Morning breakfast tasty with lots of options. Evening snack on Monday and Tuesday was nice - wine and beer included. Not a meal replacement but a nice offering. We did not attend food truck hour Wednesday. Room quiet even though hotel next to highway. Attached pic of view from room - large oak tree. Didn't have much interaction with staff. Will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tyler D, General Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

Thank you Shorlando34515 for taking the time to review the Residence Inn Gainesville I-75. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning and The Mix in the evening. We look forward to the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

Great location and excellent amenities. The rooms are big, bright and decorated to a T.
The pool and patio are huge and very well furnished but the real star here is the staff. They are very friendly and accommodating. Be sure to attend the social "the mix" and let Dominique the cruise director and the rest of the staff take care of you. You won't be disappointed!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Keith834 for staying with us and submitting an outstanding review. I am very happy to hear that you have been taking advantage of our great outdoor space and our evening mix, Dominique is a star for us and I will pass along your review to her.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

It's not often that you find a hotel that has it all put together so nicely as this place.

First of all, the location is unique in the fact that it's not on the "main strip" with all the other hotels. Instead, it's kinda nestled back a bit off of the main road so you have some privacy. What you lack in "walk-ability" to restaurants, you gain in privacy. This is really nice when you hit the pool and don't have worry about making a spectacle of yourself (unless you like that sort of thing of course).

The other thing about the location is that you are literally within a 5 minute drive of a plethora of restaurants and shops that will satisfy all tastes. From Walmart to Trader Joes and from fast-food to finer dining, you are set!

Moving onto the hotel itself - WOW!!! It's super clean, sparkling, and modern. We got a suite and I'm considering selling my home and just moving here instead - it's nice. It has a darn-near full size refrigerator, sink, microwave, cooktop, 4 seater kitchen table, small living room space with t.v., bedroom, bathroom - you just can't beat it.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, pool was clear and clean with plenty of chairs and lounges, and the public spaces nice and up kept. I was impressed with the outdoor grill area adjacent to the pool - definitely a place to relax with plenty of space.

The breakfast was okay. We all have different standards for breakfast - some may not be impressed unless there's complimentary caviar and Dom Perignon, while other's may be impressed if there's a hardboiled egg and a packet of salt. This breakfast had enough to get you something and get you down the road in my opinion. It wasn't impressive nor un-impressive.

We were here on a Monday night. I was very unimpressed with the food offering: pretzels, tortilla chips, sliced carrots & celery, salsa, ranch dip, swedish fish (candy). However, I was impressed with the drinks: Heineken, Stella, wine, and a couple of the local brewery's beer on draft. A bit odd - best of drink, worst of food, but whatever.

I would absolutely stay here when I'm in the area again. I'm actually trying to figure out reasons to come here on vacation so I can stay at this hotel again!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and passing along this great review of our Residence Inn Gainesville. We are very proud of our location and how beautiful our hotel is with the secluded location but still near great shopping and restaurants. We hope you get to spend your vacation with us again soon and look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel, stayed on my way down to Disney. Staff is awesome, hotel is gorgeous. Only stayed overnight but would stay for longer. Located in a secluded area but still close to shopping and food. A must if you need a place in Gainesville to stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tyler D, Manager at Residence Inn Gainesville I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear Pauline P,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Gainesville.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Gainesville.