“Nice hotel, great location.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront

BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Spencer, Indiana
“Nice hotel, great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

First, Ft. Walton Beach is the best beach in Florida! That being said we are happy when we stay about anywhere on Fort Walton Beach. This year we stayed at the Best Western and it is a very nice hotel. Rooms are clean, beds are comfy, view out the window (ask for a balcony and perhaps past the second floor) is awesome. The breakfast is nice, more than donuts and coffee but typical Best Westerb breakfast. Being a coffee person I did not particularly like the in-room "one-cup-at-a-time" coffee maker but it certainly is better than none so ....We stayed three nights, had pleasant staff working in and around the hotel, lots of painting and repairing going on but that was just a part of the time of year we were there.

Room Tip: As I said previously, ask for a balcony and past the second floor. The Gulf View is awesome!
1 Thank jkle
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
We agree, our beach is gorgeous! Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our hotel, we appreciate it. We hope you were able to take advantage of our "all day" coffee in the lobby. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel was perfectly located on the beach and the front desk, along with the housekeepers, were very friendly and welcoming. The only thing I didn't like about my room was that they didn't have any exhaust system in the bathroom. The bathroom got a lil' steamy but other than that, the room was excellent. The heated pool was closed because I visited in the off season but I plan on returning for the summer time. And I WILL be staying at the Best Western again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.. We truly appreciate the feedback on the exhaust system in the bathroom and on your overall stay. We will be thrilled to see you this summer!
Terrebonne, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was our longest stay during our 14 day road trip and we did not regret it. We stayed there for 4 nights in February and it was perfect. We had a top floor Ocean Front Room and the view was beautiful. Unfortunately for us there were doing major outside wall painting and the heated pool was closed, but at least we were told upon our arrival. I guess we could live with it. We can't complain that they are doing great maintenance. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The only thing I can complain about was the waiting to get hot water for the shower. It took a long time to get just about lukewarm water. But again I did not address it and I could also live with it. On the main floor there is a cozy little bar with a friendly barman. All the Staff from reception, breakfast attendant (such a nice person) and room attendants were all polite, friendly and helpful. If you want to go fishing, the Pier is nearby and they will charge you only $18.00 to fix you up with equipment and baits. Also I have to mention that we were lucky to be there for their ''Mardi Gras'' Annual Parade. The Hotel had set up Food and Bar service outside near the main road. This was great fun and added bonus. Thanks to all of you and Best Memories.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for your comments on your recent stay with us. Maintenance is one of those things that has to be done and we strive to do it during off season as much as possible. We appreciate your understanding. On the other hand, the Mardi Gras party at the hotel was our 1st annual Mardi Gras event! It was a pleasure to have you share good times with us and create memories for us as well. Hope to see you next Mardi Gras!
Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The hotel isn't luxury but it is clean and on the beach. What makes this hotel special is the customer service. I was traveling with my 83 yr. old mother and my brother. My Mom and I had one room, my brother wanted a room of his own. The reservations were made at the last minute and the staff was great about getting our rooms right next to each other, printed a map of how to get where we needed to be, and were extremely fast at bringing up and extra blanket for my Mom when she was cold. They were always smiling and ready to help.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveling_Grandma55
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank You for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay. We are delighted that you stayed with us and look forward to your next visit at our hotel!
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My husband brought me here as I'm experiencing chronic grief over my child's illness. The clerk was so nice and we asked for the cheapest room. She upgraded us to a beach front! If she only knew how her tenderness and service lifted my soul. I think her name was Heather? The room was wonderful! She recommended the best fish restaurant down on the corner. The best dinner we had on our whole trip! She called our room after check in to make sure everything was fine. We spent 3 weeks in Florida and the Turks and Caicos. This was our favorite of all and we wished we'd stayed her the whole time. We will be back next year for an extended stay.

4 Thank kstoto
Toni R, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are truly happy that your experience at our hotel was memorable. We look forward to seeing you on your next extended trip.