“Delicious Dinner!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Once again Old Bay Steamer is consistently good. We loved the crab cakes as an appetizer. The crab legs, shrimp, and house salad are my absolute favorite!! We love sitting upstairs. I felt maybe the menu prices had gone up, but still worth every penny.

1  Thank akm4380
Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 24 June 2017

The Old bay steamer has fresh seafood with excellent taste and great service. The lobster tails and crab legs were great. Also fresh fish and oysters. Great location. The service was great and fast. Food was well prepared and prices were good. $32.00 for 2 lobster tail dinner with sides. Great seafood dinner for around $75 for a couple.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We ate dinner there twice while staying on Okaloosa Island, mainly because it was near the condo where we were staying. We just had appetizers and wine, which were ok but over-priced for what they were. The steamer selections were very expensive and we just didn't feel that the price would be justified based on the quality of the other food we got. They also have some steak and pasta choices which we also didn't try. Service, however, was very good.

1  Thank purplet2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We have made Old Bay Steamer a family tradition and always dine there our first night of vacation (and often several times during the vacation!). We like that it's not your run of the mill fried seafood tourist attraction. You might want to get there early as there is always a wait!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I tried Old Bay Steamer last night for dinner for the first time. The wait wasn't long. About 15 mins at quoted. We were seated downstairs in a booth. It was so loud in there with screaming kids that we couldn't even hear our waiter. We order the baked oysters for a starter and they were probably the best I've ever had. I ordered the small steamer (snow crab, shrimp, mussels and oysters) and she ordered crab cakes. It took about 30 mins for our dinner to arrive. The crab cakes were very good. The steamer was absolutely the worst $40 I've ever spent on food. The shrimp and crab was not fresh at all. When I peeled the shrimp the meat shredded away with the shell and was mush. The crab wasn't firm and the shape of the shell on the outside. It looked like old frozen crab. Was very mushy and all of it had zero flavor. The waiter never once asked how the food was. I saw many other steamer buckets that people were leaving on the table unfinished which is unusual. I will never go to this place and do not recommend it. If you go stay away from the steamer...which is unfortunate because steamer is in the name of the restaurant.

1  Thank Aaron A