All reviews kids eat free lazy river kids suite front desk outdoor pool hotel restaurant king suite kids activities breakfast buffet hot tub bunk beds pool towels great resort movie night gulf view fort walton lobby area
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are currently staying here. We love it. We booked our trip for four days on the middle of September. We could not be happier. The beach is beautiful, the water is clear and warm and there is not a lot of riffraff. The staff here have been really friendly. I haven't had a lot of interaction with them because I don't necessarily need them a lot but they have been good with suggestions and polite. I was worried they wouldn't be at first. The room: amaze. The bathroom is big and spacious and the room itself is a decent size for a regular room. You don't feel really cramped and like all you paid for was a bed in a room.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel and pool. My husband and I checked in on a Friday night....we had reservations already booked for Saturday-Wednesday but checked in a day early. I called 12 hours before we arrived to see if there was a room and there was...I told the lady that in my notes in previous booking that I was highly allergic to down feathers and asked if it would be any problem having that changed in 12 hours and she assured me it won't. We arrived and still had feather pillows...I called and they said they would bring others right up. This was around 11:00pm at 12:30 am we still didn't have pillows and finally we received one pillow the guy said that was all he could find. So we were given points...plus our room smelled of strong cigarettes we were told there wasn't another room. So a few hours later someone came and sprayed our room. This whole time we are sitting on patio. We drove 12 hours and at 3:00am still up due to these problems. Finally around 9:00 the next morning we received pillows. We went to beach and it had 100's of dead fish on beach and in water. Went back to room and it had not been cleaned we were offered more points. The same thing the next day....called and asked for fresh towels and wash clothes called three times and 2 1/2 hours later we were then given a bag with items from gift shop and more points. I so needed a stress free trip because I take care of my elderly parents and can't get away very often but I hired help so my husband and I could relax and celebrate our anniversary. Didn't happen. I was very disappointed in the service for the price we paid each night. We travel to Florida 3 times a year for a break from taking care of my parents and since I like a nice clean place and this hotel was new I thought it would be the perfect place...I will not return. Since we go three times a year many people ask me places to stay I will not recommend your hotel. I would pay twice the price for a stress free trip. One mistake I can understand, but problems 3 days out of 5 is uncalled for. I heard others complaining while out by pool.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Brenda T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Dear Brenda T,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each feedback as this will allow us identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and we regret that this was not the case on your recent stay. We apologize for the disappointments you had with the room accommodations, particularly with the pillows. The cleanliness of our rooms and our property, in general, has always been our main priority and we are sorry our housekeeping was not up to par. This is definitely not the hotel experience we endeavor to deliver our guests. We have taken note of your comments and shared them with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements accordingly.

Again, we thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 September 2015

This hotel is really nice. The rooms are nice and clean and we had a great gulf view. The pool and lazy river were really enjoyable and the beach was about as perfect as I could imagine. (We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Pensacola last year and the beach chairs are out even at night. Wish that would've been the case here because I would've sat out there for hours with my daughter chasing sand crabs and looking for seashells). The kids activities were really fun for my three year old. We just wished they would've shown their dive in movies poolside instead of in a conference room. I guess the water was too cold for kiddos to be in during the movie but we would've enjoyed the atmosphere of watching them outside better regardless of that. My only really complaint was the restaurant. The waiters and waitresses are very nice but they seem to be understaffed and the kitchen is soooooo slow.
I would definitely recommend staying here just maybe not eating here!
(One last thought- they offer free wifi however the connection goes in and out constantly and it seems the hotel blocks carrier signals making it difficult to turn the wifi off and just use your 4G. We had this trouble on and off throughout our entire stay but could walk onto the beach and the 4G worked perfectly- on all of our devices.)

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed here Labor Day weekend with 2/3 yro. Rooms were clean, and staff was friendly. There was a lot for kids to do, and had movies nightly poolside. My only complaint is the restaurant gets busy and its seemingly understaffed. Prices were good otherwise and kids eat free!
Just miles from Destin.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Kudos! to the Holiday Inn Resort Ft. Walton Beach staff for making our first experience to Ft. Walton Beach/Destin the best! Martisha and Marquetta, the Front desk staff, was VERY helpful in making our stay a great one. Our original reservation was at the Four Points Sheraton hotel but due to a reservation mishap from the staff at the Four Points Sheraton, we were forced to go to another hotel. An employee suggestion lead us to the Holiday Inn Resort (HIR) hotel which was the best suggestion ever!
The HIR staff made what started out as a very frustrating situation due to circumstances beyond our control, a great experience. Martisha and Marquetta, were very helpful by going above and beyond to accommodate us. We were given the best customer service and to top it off they granted our request of having a beachfront room. The view was amazing! Their friendly and helpful manner made our first visit to Ft. Walton Beach an excellent one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks Martisha and Marquetta for your above and beyond service!

Room Tip: Beachfront view rooms are the best! Open your patio/balcony door to let the soothing sounds of the Gulf and cool breeze fill your room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple