“Not Sure At First”

Hightide Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Hightide Restaurant and Oyster Bar is family-owned and operated, and has been a local family restaurant for more than 30 years! Serving seafood, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers, seafood gumbo and oyster chowder, shucked to order oysters on the half shell, steamed or fried seafood, crab legs, soft shell crabs, shrimp, oyster, steaks and chicken. We have a kids menu, desserts, plus beer, wine, sodas, tea and a full service bar.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We got into Fort Walton late one night at the start of our vacation. We were starving and picked this place because it was close to our hotel. Not too sure about it at first. Older restaurant, kinda dim lighting, and nothing fancy. But MERCY. The very best fried shrimp of my life! I'm glad we went!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Couldn't decide on the right place for our last night so went with a older established joint! Service was ok nothing to wow about. I had a plate of snapper 22$ plus a two dollar charge to blacken?? Good flavor but over cooked. Baked
Potato small and had 2 squeeze tubs for sour cream and two tubs of butter. How hard is it to dress a potato in the kitchen. Wife had soft
Shell crab sandwich 17$. Didn't eat much of it. Wouldn't recommend this place without some
Changes?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our group tried the Trigger Fish and hardboiled shrimp, and they were both awesome. The service was excellent! The only negative was the baked potatoes were not quite done.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with my husband and 3 & 5 year old boys for a late dinner during the week. Interior has cool rustic nautical decor, with old pictures and dark wooden walls. Reminds me of places we would go as a child off the coast of Delaware. Our foood came out quickly but was freshly mafe, no ftozen popcorn shrimp here! I ordered the stuffed shrimp wrapped with bacon...Oh lordy, it was so delicious. After my first bite I had to put my fork down and enjoy the moment. Mt husband ordered the Mahi Mahi and it was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right. The food was do good thst my three year old who never wants to eat couldn't get his shrimp in his mouth fast enough. Well worth the visit, reasonably priced and wonderful food and service. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in, road tired, weary and hungry. The service was outstanding and the food was Sooo good! Tried oysters and soft she'll crab for 1st time at 59 and LOVED IT!