“Great Crab cakes ”

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: What's better than a day at the beach? A day at the beach followed by lunch or dinner at The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk on Okaloosa Island. Located at the busy and beautiful Newman Brackin Park, The Crab Trap is a first stop, last stop for locals and visitors alike. Perched high above the powder white sand and emerald green water of the Gulf of Mexico, The Crab Trap is the perfect place to begin or end your day at the beach. Serving local favorites such as Hot Crab Dip and Seafood Gumbo and daily specials ranging from Grilled Sirloin to Alaskan Crab Legs, The Crab Trap has something for everyone. The kids will love the special menu designed just for them, a chance to express their creative side, and a take home treat that will make their time on the Emerald Coast even more memorable. Tons of parking, easy access to the beach, playgrounds and volleyball nets; The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk will quickly become one of your favorite places to eat. Whether you are heading out for the night, taking a colleague to lunch, relaxing after a day at the beach or just looking for a place to hang out and catch a game, just head to The Crab Trap at The Boardwalk!
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We are a late lunch here. I had crab cakes on top of fried green tomatoes. Was amazing!! The view was equally as good as the beach volleyball tournament was going on !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Expensive, reasonable food - small servings, unfriendly staff. All terms that I would associate with The Crab Trap and unfortunately all pretty negative. In fact, the only positive is that they had a great view over the beach from the outside area.

Won't be returning.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I have been here twice. I decided to give this place the benefit of the doubt and tried it a second time. I still was NOT impressed. The service was not good at all. Our waiter was very rude and didn't crack a smile once. We had a party of 6 and decided to eat on the deck. I ordered a beer and it came out warm already, and the hot weather just added to it. The prices are VERY expensive for the little amount of food that you get. There are plenty of places that have fresh gulf fish and shrimp that are much more decently priced. I had the fried gulf shrimp with French fries and it was okay. The seasoning was lacking as well as the fries. They were still somewhat hard in the middle. My mother-in-law & father-in-law had the grilled grouper with vegetables. The grouper was very dry and lacked in flavor. Our friends had grilled Mahi sandwiches and theirs were the same. Dry and bland. While we were also eating, a child behind us at a table got sick and threw up in the floor. While the puke was hanging out on the deck the waiters continued to walk past it and just look at it. We had to say something to our waiter about it and it still took them 15 minutes to even acknowledge that it was there. We left soon after that. Will not be back. There are plenty of local restaurants with better food and prices with a MUCH better atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

First time visiting, food was pricey but kinda expected due to being on the water. I ordered the all you can eat crab legs and our waitress seemed to get annoyed when I asked for more! Don't offer all you can eat if you don't want to do it! I wanted more but she seemed so pissy that I didn't end up asking for any more.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This is your typical tourist attraction. Nice deck to enjoy dinner with friends and family. The food was not bad, but we found much better places!!