All reviews private balcony south building restaurant downstairs ocean view under new management old florida staff was friendly hutchinson island jetty inlet episode manatees fishing
Reviewed 10 December 2017

When I was growing up my mother would sometimes criticize me by saying, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all.
Okay, here's the good thing: This dump is on the beach.
Here's the rest: This place is a dump that should be avoided at all costs.

My wife, son and I visited this hotel on November 24, 2017, the day after Thanksgiving. We originally had a reservation for 2 nights since we wanted to check out the Fort Pierce area. We did last one night.

The room that we were given was quite large and on the second floor. Upon opening the door it smelled like mold was probably growing on mold. The hotel, as I said located on the beach, has carpeted floors. Probably not the best choice. Moreover, it was dark and dingy.

The pullout sofa on which my son slept had only one tear in it which for this place is probably pretty good.

After spending the night, we decided to make coffee in the coffee pot provided. We changed our minds after a roach ran away upon moving the pot. We packed up and left.

I review frequently and usually find something good to say. With this dump, it wasn't easy.

Room tip: The best room is in another hotel.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
13  Thank stephen l
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The only thing good about this outdated hotel is the location. Who cares if you are on the beach if you cannot open and shut the sliding door because it will come off the tracks. And, if you open it, the tile floor gets soaking wet because of the humidity. The bathroom was small and gross. If they don't put a lot of upgrades into this rundown place, it needs to close.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kimberly P
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Booked on Expedia. The ONLY thing it had going was the beach front. We got two rooms on the top (2nd) floor. Sounds great, but NO elevator....good luck seniors! Small outside bar and restaurant. Woke up with a back ache from the old, tired mattress. Front desk guy needs a new job as he wasn't happy with this one. Water pressure sucked. You have to purchase beach towels! No alarm clock! Why one star....its beachfront.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank JBfromJB
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This is definitely going to be a mixed review. We rented three rooms for a family of 7 one night in September. The pictures on the website for Hutchinson Island way oversell this property. It's old, dated, and dirty. I really didn't want to use the shower. The AC is loud. There are bugs in the room. The beach is dirty, and the water is brown. I wouldn't even walk near the water, let alone swim in it!! The only reason I gave this hotel a 3 is because the view is pretty great, and we did receive two free drink vouchers per room from the bar. The owners really need to invest some money to spruce up the place. I would only recommend it at this point to starving college students looking for a cheap place to party...

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lindseyfromthesip
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I picked this hotel only because I thought it would be less likely to have Wi Fi in every room, and therefore have a lower radiation level. One room facing cellular antennas over the office did have higher than I would accept, but the room facing the ocean had very low reading of 0.0012! That was great.

However, when I walked to the beach, I and other guests were shocked to the see the worst sea shore, I have seen in Florida. It was black with rotted seaweeds and emitted a terrible odor. I could not use that beach, and neither have the other guests.

I was warned that it is an "entertaining" hotel and the music was turned on at 9-10 am into the late hours of the night. The irony was that there were few people there but the music did not stop. If you want to read or watch TV, you need to close the doors and use AC.

Speaking of AC it was very noisy and even if I shut mine off, I heard others non stop. This is not conducive to a relaxing atmosphere.

The room was probably 70s or 80s and some kinds of very small insects were biting me.

The staff I met was friendly, accept for an individual - not sure of his position there- instead of asking how my stay could be improved upon, chose to discredit my issues with smelly, non usable beach and got into an argument with me about EMF sensitivity. This is so inappropriate.

Lastly, The price was outrageous. They charged for this hotel the same as an elegant Marriot with many amenities!

Room tip: Not for quiet loving or beach gazing individuals
Date of stay: August 2017