“Absent service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I brought my son to Manatee Island after a lovely morning at the Navy Seal Museum. We walked out after over 10 minutes of waitresses looking at us and walking away. Not one person came over to ask a drink order or tell us they would be right with us. Very disappointing. I told the woman at the front desk that my son and I were leaving because no one had come to our table. She said she was sorry but that was it. I told her that we had been coming here for years and I was very disappointed. But still nothing from the restaurant.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We can walk to Manatee Island . We have been there many times for Happy Hour Specialss. We arrived a little after 3 PM for half price Specials. Had a waitress we never seen before. It took 25 minutes to get the food, 3:30 PM. I spoke to the Tiki Bar manager and then the food came out. The waitress got my partner another drink, but did not bring silver ware. Duh ! So being frustrated, I got up and went to the bar and got our own silverware. I told the waitress, next time someone orders food, bring silver ware. She tells the owner I pushed her. Which I did not do. Apparently her way of deflecting her poor service. The owner, Michael, comes to our table and confronts me with this information, taking the waitresses word. I was astounded. If it were true, I can understand his concern. The same thing happened to the table of four(4) adjoining ours. The food came. The lady at the table got up went to the bar and got four serving plates and four sets of silverware. Same waitress. Michael, the owner, is going to have to do better with his help. The Manatee is dead for us.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After visiting the UDT Navy Seals Museum, we wanted to have a nice alfresco lunch waterfront. We found the perfect restaurant in the Manatee Island. We sat outside to enjoy the gorgeous view. While checking out the menu, discovered the $8 meal section. We three had the blackened tilapia with mango chutney, coconut rice, and zucchini. Fantastic! Had the cheesy crab bread and onion ring appetizer. Great meal. Great view.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The place had a good selection of seafood and traditional American food options. I was happy with the oysters on the half shell but the shells could have been cleaned off a little bit better. Had the lobster roll and everyone else got wraps. Kids Mac and Cheese is a big bowl. Over all good place and will be coming back.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Chose Manatee for its on the water location, Fort Pierce inlet.
Wife and I both had the Salmon with stuffed lobster....awesome dish! Served eith coconut jasmine rice and topped with a sherry lobster sauce. To finish things off, thick chocolate mouse cake!!!
Great menu, offering unique sandwiches as well as complete entrees. Oh, Happy Hour from 3-6 featurea $ off drinks!