New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motorized Kayak Adventures

Motorized Kayak Adventures
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Fort Pierce
More attraction details
Owner description: Motorized Kayak Tours! Enjoy a breath-taking guided three hour motorized kayak tour of part of Florida's Indian River Lagoon. With over 4000 species of plants and animals, it is the most diverse estuary in North America. Easy to use, our kayaks come with small pollution-free electric motors and a simple steering system that will allow you to relax and enjoy the scenic beauty of the lagoon’s wildlife.
Vero Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Get away from the hustle and bustle and relax with nature!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

What a great day it was! It was an exceptionally beautiful day with the temperature in the mid 70's and a light breeze. We were given a quick lesson on the easy maneuverability of the motors on our kayaks. For those that have never been on a kayak, we learned how to use the paddles, too. Billy gave us some history and lessons about the nature that we were observing. Linda was the lead kayak to be sure that we didn't run a ground while Billy made sure that we were all together in the back. Linda was a good naturalist and even picked up debris and fishing line that others left that might hurt the fish and wildlife. I highly recommend this as a way of truly relaxing and connecting with nature.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Rosespy

Fort Pierce, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Serenity on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My son and a friend went out with Billy and Linda for an amazing experience, paddling through the shallows and into the mangrove islands. Loved every minute! The tour guides are knowledgeable, and fun- and we learned a lot about the ecosystem in the Indian River lagoon. I highly recommend it!

Visited March 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“peaceful, serene, educational and fun, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Billy's 3 hour motorized kayak tour of the Indian River mangroves in Fort Pierce has it all. The weather was springtime warm and sunny, the kayaks drifted silently and almost effortlessly through the mangroves, and Billy was right there pointing out birds and foliage. He is so knowledgeable about the area spinning historical tales, interesting side notes and ecological tips. His passion for this area is inspiring - he just makes you want to be more respectful of this natural beauty and all this without being preachy. His wife, Linda, joined us taking photos which were downloaded to us right away so we could easily share our adventure. It was an absolutely delightful few hours, one of the highlights of a wonderful vacation and I would do it again.

New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great outing for all ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Based on TA's reviews I decided to take my son [12 yo] and parents [mid 70s] on this adventure - my parents were on a 2 seater and my son and i had our ow kayak. All age groups will enjoy the places the kayak allows you to explore...This was all under the watchful eye of Bill and Linda, who both shared enormous insight of region's fish, birds, crabs, river porpoises [very cool] etc...and clearly loved showing us a part of their regions's beauty. We took the jungle cruise, it lasted 4 hours definitely worth the $. The kayak's take a minute to get the hang of and then you are off for an adventure. I highly recommend.

1 Thank chrstn43
Jensen Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

My sister and I went on the motorized kayak tour in the mangroves in the Port St Lucie Indian River with Billy as our guide. We had a tandem kayak and found it easy to operate giving us more time to enjoy our beautiful, serene surroundings. Billy LOVES what he does and does it well. He is informative, and fun to be around! His assistant, Linda was helpful and pleasant. Believe me when I tell you that this is one of the best excursions you will probably ever take. Peace, nature, tranquility.....something we all need!

3 Thank Barb B