1,247 results
All reviews diamond head cabana bar chloe's lounge time share gulf view pool area living room fort myers large balcony resort fee lounge chairs shower head mini fridge the entire staff ocean front pull out couch estero blvd
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

My husband, our ten month old and I stayed at this resort for a mixture of vacation and work. The resort is wonderful with beach access and breathtaking views. The bar downstairs offers great live music daily and is a fun spot. The hotel rooms are updated and the patios are large and screened in. I would highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank daramcca
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Dear daramcca,

Thank you for staying at DiamondHead Beach Resort. We’re delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, from those breathtaking views of the Gulf to our beach bar and grille. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

After doing much research on family friendly resorts, I chose Diamondhead for the slightly cheaper price than another well known resort in FMB. Sorry I made that decision.
I give the 3 stars because of the staff that works there. They are friendly and helpful but the resort as a whole was not as promised on website. For your $15 resort fee, you get nothing. No bikes, no paddleboards, and very limited kids activities. Most activities are for young kids and are a fee. Hallways of the resort are dark and dingy as are balconies and restaurants.

Overall, though we enjoyed our time in FMB, it had nothing to do with Diamondhead Resort.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Karin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While we’re glad you enjoyed our friendly, accommodating team members, we’re disappointed to hear certain aspects of our resort did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that the description of your stay is not at all reflective of a typical DiamondHead experience. Please know that our daily resort fee includes a wide variety of amenities, including daily in-room coffee and tea, poolside towel service, 24/7 fitness center access, guest bicycles, daily newspaper, local and toll-free calls, and one parking space. We apologize if there was any miscommunication regarding this fee. We appreciate your feedback and hope you have the chance to visit us again in the future so we may have the opportunity to provide you with the high level of service and personal attention that DiamondHead is known for.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I prefer to start mt reviews with the positive aspects of the hotel. First the staff was pleasant from Steve the Parking guy to the dinning attendants. The location was 0.6 miles from the boardwalk and there's a ton of dining options within walking distance. More surprising was that the dining options at the property. The food was surprisingly well priced for onsite dining. Most dishes were competitively priced with local restaurants and made going out for a meal a much harder choice.

As a party of two the king sized room was perfectly sized. It featured a king bed in the bedroom, a separate well designed bathroom, and a living room with a kitchenette featuring a dishwasher. Our room (1204) faced east and provided a beautiful view of the sunrise and the beach. The balcony was screened and provided a great area to enjoy the Fort Myers Beach views.

With all that said it's time for the two issues i had. 1st the bathroom really needs a hand towel bar, peg, or just a way to keep hand towels close to the sink and dry. Secondly and much more importantly, the mattress was the FIRMEST bed I've ever slept on. The mattress was about the same thickness of a budget mattress you'd get from a discount mattress store. Nothing special about it in anyway. After the first night in which I could not get any sleep I spoke the front desk agent who assured me that the beds were relatively new and that they were all the same and offered no ideas on how i could get relief. That was disappointing, as it means there would be no relief with a room transfer.

Considering the hotel staff didn't try to help I did the next best thing to moving to a different hotel. I drove to Walmart and purchased a mattress topper. Sadly it was only a partial help as the it felt like a nice foam pad on top of a concrete slab. For the following 2 nights I was able to get 4 hours of sleep before my back and hips began ringing with pain and forced me to sit on the couch until sunrise and my wife arose.

The truth is if you think that the bed doesn't matter much because you'll be spending all your time out side of the room then ignore this review and book your stay. But if the realization that you'll be spending 1/3rd of every 24 hour period on a bed only slightly softer than the floor makes you want to reconsider your stay details then I'm glad I could share.

For the record the only thing I didn't like about this property is the BED. Everything else was fantastic but the bed is too important to skimp on and this property skimped hard.

Room Tip: Rooms that face east tend to stay cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MD4383

Dear MD4383,

Thank you for leaving us such a thorough review. While we’re glad you enjoyed our resort, we’re sorry to hear the bed was not to your liking. Guest comfort and satisfaction remain our top priority and we hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again as our valued guest and improve upon your recent visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We live about an hour and a half away but really wanted to celebrate our anniversary but not waste a lot of time driving. This place was phenomenal. The weather was absolutely stunning, warm in the days and cool in morning and evening. The suite we stayed in was immaculate and the balconies overlooking the beach in the bedroom and family room were one of my favorite features. My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed long walks on the beach in the morning and evening (I think we walked about 10 miles every day). We ate out once a day and loved being able to walk everywhere. There were many beach side restaurants within 1/2 a mile of the hotel. Everything was perfect and we are already planning our next trip. While speaking with some locals, they did comment we came at the perfect time of year. The beaches were never full and mostly families, which I really liked.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Gulf side room with balconies - worth every cent!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen-Colin J

Dear Kristen-Colin,

Thank you for leaving us such a beaming review. We’re so flattered you chose to celebrate such a special occasion at our resort and are already planning a return visit! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Always love staying at DH ! All the staff is exceptional ! Kim in Chloes Lounge makes the best Chocolate Martinis on the earth ! She is so fun and gets your drinks in a jiffy ! Love John (bell man), and John(waiter) Derek, Tracey, Randy, Yvonne, Rudy, Nathan, Carly and Wendy! The fact their employees stay so long says a lot for DH.! I've been coming since 2010 and have enjoyed every visit !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Me S,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay. At DiamondHead, we strive to provide each and every guest with a superior level of customer service and we’re so glad this was apparent during your recent stay. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team and look forward to your next stay with us.