DiamondHead Beach Resort
USD 265
BestWestern.com
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 384
USD 373
Lovers Key Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 190
USD 160
Orbitz.com
Sandpiper Gulf Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 231
USD 203
Orbitz.com
Dolphin Inn(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 99
Sun Deck Inn & Suites(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 171
Travelocity
Silver Sands Villas(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 148
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 433
USD 324
Priceline
Edison Beach House(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 203
USD 178
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 365
USD 353
Cancelon
1,223 results
All reviewsdiamond headcabana barchloe's loungetime sharepool areagulf viewfort myersliving roomlarge balconyresort feedolphin tourlounge chairsmini fridgeshower headthe entire staffpull out couchocean front
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I prefer to start mt reviews with the positive aspects of the hotel. First the staff was pleasant from Steve the Parking guy to the dinning attendants. The location was 0.6 miles from the boardwalk and there's a ton of dining options within walking distance. More surprising was that the dining options at the property. The food was surprisingly well priced for onsite dining. Most dishes were competitively priced with local restaurants and made going out for a meal a much harder choice.

As a party of two the king sized room was perfectly sized. It featured a king bed in the bedroom, a separate well designed bathroom, and a living room with a kitchenette featuring a dishwasher. Our room (1204) faced east and provided a beautiful view of the sunrise and the beach. The balcony was screened and provided a great area to enjoy the Fort Myers Beach views.

With all that said it's time for the two issues i had. 1st the bathroom really needs a hand towel bar, peg, or just a way to keep hand towels close to the sink and dry. Secondly and much more importantly, the mattress was the FIRMEST bed I've ever slept on. The mattress was about the same thickness of a budget mattress you'd get from a discount mattress store. Nothing special about it in anyway. After the first night in which I could not get any sleep I spoke the front desk agent who assured me that the beds were relatively new and that they were all the same and offered no ideas on how i could get relief. That was disappointing, as it means there would be no relief with a room transfer.

Considering the hotel staff didn't try to help I did the next best thing to moving to a different hotel. I drove to Walmart and purchased a mattress topper. Sadly it was only a partial help as the it felt like a nice foam pad on top of a concrete slab. For the following 2 nights I was able to get 4 hours of sleep before my back and hips began ringing with pain and forced me to sit on the couch until sunrise and my wife arose.

The truth is if you think that the bed doesn't matter much because you'll be spending all your time out side of the room then ignore this review and book your stay. But if the realization that you'll be spending 1/3rd of every 24 hour period on a bed only slightly softer than the floor makes you want to reconsider your stay details then I'm glad I could share.

For the record the only thing I didn't like about this property is the BED. Everything else was fantastic but the bed is too important to skimp on and this property skimped hard.

Room Tip: Rooms that face east tend to stay cooler in the afternoon.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MD4383
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear MD4383,

Thank you for leaving us such a thorough review. While we’re glad you enjoyed our resort, we’re sorry to hear the bed was not to your liking. Guest comfort and satisfaction remain our top priority and we hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again as our valued guest and improve upon your recent visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We live about an hour and a half away but really wanted to celebrate our anniversary but not waste a lot of time driving. This place was phenomenal. The weather was absolutely stunning, warm in the days and cool in morning and evening. The suite we stayed in was immaculate and the balconies overlooking the beach in the bedroom and family room were one of my favorite features. My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed long walks on the beach in the morning and evening (I think we walked about 10 miles every day). We ate out once a day and loved being able to walk everywhere. There were many beach side restaurants within 1/2 a mile of the hotel. Everything was perfect and we are already planning our next trip. While speaking with some locals, they did comment we came at the perfect time of year. The beaches were never full and mostly families, which I really liked.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Gulf side room with balconies - worth every cent!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen-Colin J

Dear Kristen-Colin,

Thank you for leaving us such a beaming review. We’re so flattered you chose to celebrate such a special occasion at our resort and are already planning a return visit! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Always love staying at DH ! All the staff is exceptional ! Kim in Chloes Lounge makes the best Chocolate Martinis on the earth ! She is so fun and gets your drinks in a jiffy ! Love John (bell man), and John(waiter) Derek, Tracey, Randy, Yvonne, Rudy, Nathan, Carly and Wendy! The fact their employees stay so long says a lot for DH.! I've been coming since 2010 and have enjoyed every visit !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Me S,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay. At DiamondHead, we strive to provide each and every guest with a superior level of customer service and we’re so glad this was apparent during your recent stay. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Having stayed up and down the Blvd over the years, I can say that the DiamondHead is the best location, best view, best rooms, best staff, best service hands down. If you’re looking for the best experience in Ft Myers Beach, this is the place to go.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lloyd K
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Lloyd,

Thanks for leaving us such a beaming review. We couldn’t be more flattered to hear you consider us the best resort on Fort Myers Beach. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we were so excited because our room and the property as well as the beach looked so nice. Room service was a constant problem though with it closing before the listed time on the menu. When we could get room service, like for breakfast, it was delicious. One night we got rained out at the beach so we decided to go back to the resort hot tub to warm up. Immediately my daughter’s and my eyes started to swell shut and hurt really badly. It was obvious the chlorine levels were too high. Also men were smoking cigars at the pool. We asked the manager if they could ask the men to move their smoking out of the pool area and the manager said that they could not (we later learned when we moved hotels that FL law does prevent smoking at the pools so the manager was lying). We could not stay at the bar for dinner because of the overwhelming cigar smoke and need to rinse our eyes from the hot tub chemicals. We called the manager (Dereck) to let him know the hot tub was off chemical wise and to let him know we would be putting in a room service order because we were still flushing our eyes. We thought we were helping by letting him know to check the chemical levels so at the very least another child did not get hurt like ours did. He said, “90 some people went through here today and you are the only ones that complained it is fine.” He then said hurry up and put our room service order in because the kitchen was tired of us keeping them open late (now we had never placed an order beyond when they closed). When the room service came up the manager, Dereck, came up too. I was undressed in the bedroom having just showered and he started yelling at me through the bed room/bathroom door until he made me cry. He said he was “tired of me abusing his staff and even the front desk was complaining about me.” I found this very distressing and also I incredulous as I had never talked to one member of staff since I had been there. My husband had checked in. My husband made the room service order. My husband called about the hot tub chemical levels.
Because we had asked for a shower chair (I was recovering from spine surgery), he screamed through the door, “I don’t know what kind of disabilities you have but that is no reason to abuse my staff.” At that point the room service woman realized how off the rails the manager had gone and tried to get him to quiet down and get out of the room. She was very kind and tried very hard to cover for his behavior and make things okay but the damage was done. He basically called us liars for what happened to our eyes in the hot tub. Said we had been mean to staff that I had never even seen much less talked to. (And as someone who used to work in hotels I am so understanding of hospitality situations). He said we were angling to get him to buy us dinner. Said what ever was wrong with my eyes must have been part of the disability I came in with (which it wasn’t and I have no reason to discuss my health through a door to a hotel manager). Plus the heavy chemicals made my daughter’s eyes swell shut. We had to rinse them for hours. That is no way to spend a night of vacation. We were going to spend two more nights at the hotel after that, but then the hotel told us that our room wouldn’t be available as the owners of that time share were coming in. Previously we had been told we could stay so it was all so shady. Then we were given a quote to move rooms that was very affordable and then we were given a later quote called up to our room that was more than 3 times the first quote. So after losing a night of vacation being screamed at by the hotel manager and having our eyes swelled shut from their chemical imbalance in the hot tub, we suddenly had to pack up and move hotels. We found the Best Western down the street. It was cheaper, balcony beach view was better, the parking was free, and the staff was kind.

No one should have their vacation ruined by such poorly trained management. When the day manager came in, she called us and comped one night which was nice, but after all the money we had spent there on other nights, eating and drinking at the hotel, the expensive parking at the hotel, and renting beach chairs...it wasn’t enough to ever make me want to stay someplace where the staff is so unhinged and unprofessional.

As I walked out to the beach the next morning Dereck even said, “well don’t we look happier today?” No Dereck. No, you ruined my vacation. We also decided not to buy a timeshare that we were seriously considering there because why own something where the management can ruin the amenities so totally for the guests. Life is short; book your vacations where the management is properly trained.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family