1,251 results
All reviews diamond head cabana bar chloe's lounge time share gulf view pool area living room fort myers large balcony resort fee lounge chairs shower head mini fridge the entire staff ocean front jet ski an umbrella
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We live about an hour and a half away but really wanted to celebrate our anniversary but not waste a lot of time driving. This place was phenomenal. The weather was absolutely stunning, warm in the days and cool in morning and evening. The suite we stayed in was immaculate and the balconies overlooking the beach in the bedroom and family room were one of my favorite features. My hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed long walks on the beach in the morning and evening (I think we walked about 10 miles every day). We ate out once a day and loved being able to walk everywhere. There were many beach side restaurants within 1/2 a mile of the hotel. Everything was perfect and we are already planning our next trip. While speaking with some locals, they did comment we came at the perfect time of year. The beaches were never full and mostly families, which I really liked.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Gulf side room with balconies - worth every cent!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen-Colin J
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Kristen-Colin,

Thank you for leaving us such a beaming review. We’re so flattered you chose to celebrate such a special occasion at our resort and are already planning a return visit! We appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

Always love staying at DH ! All the staff is exceptional ! Kim in Chloes Lounge makes the best Chocolate Martinis on the earth ! She is so fun and gets your drinks in a jiffy ! Love John (bell man), and John(waiter) Derek, Tracey, Randy, Yvonne, Rudy, Nathan, Carly and Wendy! The fact their employees stay so long says a lot for DH.! I've been coming since 2010 and have enjoyed every visit !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Me S,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay. At DiamondHead, we strive to provide each and every guest with a superior level of customer service and we’re so glad this was apparent during your recent stay. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Having stayed up and down the Blvd over the years, I can say that the DiamondHead is the best location, best view, best rooms, best staff, best service hands down. If you’re looking for the best experience in Ft Myers Beach, this is the place to go.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lloyd K
SunStream M, General Manager at DiamondHead Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Lloyd,

Thanks for leaving us such a beaming review. We couldn’t be more flattered to hear you consider us the best resort on Fort Myers Beach. We appreciate your kind words and hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we were so excited because our room and the property as well as the beach looked so nice. Room service was a constant problem though with it closing before the listed time on the menu. When we could get room service, like for breakfast, it was delicious. One night we got rained out at the beach so we decided to go back to the resort hot tub to warm up. Immediately my daughter’s and my eyes started to swell shut and hurt really badly. It was obvious the chlorine levels were too high. Also men were smoking cigars at the pool. We asked the manager if they could ask the men to move their smoking out of the pool area and the manager said that they could not (we later learned when we moved hotels that FL law does prevent smoking at the pools so the manager was lying). We could not stay at the bar for dinner because of the overwhelming cigar smoke and need to rinse our eyes from the hot tub chemicals. We called the manager (Dereck) to let him know the hot tub was off chemical wise and to let him know we would be putting in a room service order because we were still flushing our eyes. We thought we were helping by letting him know to check the chemical levels so at the very least another child did not get hurt like ours did. He said, “90 some people went through here today and you are the only ones that complained it is fine.” He then said hurry up and put our room service order in because the kitchen was tired of us keeping them open late (now we had never placed an order beyond when they closed). When the room service came up the manager, Dereck, came up too. I was undressed in the bedroom having just showered and he started yelling at me through the bed room/bathroom door until he made me cry. He said he was “tired of me abusing his staff and even the front desk was complaining about me.” I found this very distressing and also I incredulous as I had never talked to one member of staff since I had been there. My husband had checked in. My husband made the room service order. My husband called about the hot tub chemical levels.
Because we had asked for a shower chair (I was recovering from spine surgery), he screamed through the door, “I don’t know what kind of disabilities you have but that is no reason to abuse my staff.” At that point the room service woman realized how off the rails the manager had gone and tried to get him to quiet down and get out of the room. She was very kind and tried very hard to cover for his behavior and make things okay but the damage was done. He basically called us liars for what happened to our eyes in the hot tub. Said we had been mean to staff that I had never even seen much less talked to. (And as someone who used to work in hotels I am so understanding of hospitality situations). He said we were angling to get him to buy us dinner. Said what ever was wrong with my eyes must have been part of the disability I came in with (which it wasn’t and I have no reason to discuss my health through a door to a hotel manager). Plus the heavy chemicals made my daughter’s eyes swell shut. We had to rinse them for hours. That is no way to spend a night of vacation. We were going to spend two more nights at the hotel after that, but then the hotel told us that our room wouldn’t be available as the owners of that time share were coming in. Previously we had been told we could stay so it was all so shady. Then we were given a quote to move rooms that was very affordable and then we were given a later quote called up to our room that was more than 3 times the first quote. So after losing a night of vacation being screamed at by the hotel manager and having our eyes swelled shut from their chemical imbalance in the hot tub, we suddenly had to pack up and move hotels. We found the Best Western down the street. It was cheaper, balcony beach view was better, the parking was free, and the staff was kind.

No one should have their vacation ruined by such poorly trained management. When the day manager came in, she called us and comped one night which was nice, but after all the money we had spent there on other nights, eating and drinking at the hotel, the expensive parking at the hotel, and renting beach chairs...it wasn’t enough to ever make me want to stay someplace where the staff is so unhinged and unprofessional.

As I walked out to the beach the next morning Dereck even said, “well don’t we look happier today?” No Dereck. No, you ruined my vacation. We also decided not to buy a timeshare that we were seriously considering there because why own something where the management can ruin the amenities so totally for the guests. Life is short; book your vacations where the management is properly trained.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
15  Thank Mamalou44
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Another great stay. Checked in on a rainy Saturday evening and received a 4th floor room. Room was nice but realized in morning that when you when out on balcony that AC's were right below and really loud.
Called front desk and Vicki immediately said she would change our room.
11th floor. What fabulous service. Our stay was great, location great, and wonderful staff. A joy to see that Bellman David is still there. He is truly outstanding. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe,

Thank you for staying at DiamondHead and providing us with your comments. We’re happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay, from our friendly, accommodating team to our convenient, beachfront location. Your intent to return means a lot to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.