“Long ride out”
Review of The Big M Casino - CLOSED

The Big M Casino
More attraction details
Owner description: Dinner Cruises, Casino Cruise, Slot Machines, Black Jack, Roulette, 3-Card Poker, Let it Ride, Craps, Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner Buffet, Live Entertainment.
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Can't gamble on the way out so you go 30-45 minutes till you are 12 miles out. May be OK during the day, but at night it is boring. Buffet was not very good per us, but most people seemed to enjoy it

2  Thank pjbIllinois
in 57 reviews
"ft"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 February 2012

if you like to play the slots and you like to spend time on the water, then try a day trip on the Big M Casino. My husband and I had a nice day with friends. The gambling time is limited because of getting out to the offshore place where it is legal so there is not a whole lot of time to gamble. The food was so so but plentiful. The weather was glorious so I spent a lot of time on the outside deck with a book. I had a great time and would definitely go again.

2  Thank sylvia t
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Dinner is less than average but you can always go out when dinner isn't being served.. Tons of slots, blackjack, poker tables. Bathrooms kind of small. They travel out on the Gulf of Mexico which can get wavy (in case you have motion sickness like I did.) Can go to the top deck where you don't have to do any gambling. Not for children. Doesn't compare to a regular cruise boat at all.

1  Thank GrannyB716
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My friends and I went on the Big M Casino for a birthday party recently. This was our first time on the Big M. There were pluses and minuses about the experience.

Pluses - there was plenty of room on the boat, the DJ on the upper deck did a great job, the servers and dealers were really polite, and someone in our group won over $900.

The minuses - the buffet was not worth the month, although since people were drinking and not feeling well due to seasickness, food was a necessity. If I could do it again, I would plan a big dinner for late afternoon/early evening and then buy just a few snacks on the boat. The other big minus was that the company website says that you can get a group rate. When I attempted to get the group rate for a group over 20 I received a contract with a price of $1 more per person. There were no savings at all.

Overall, I would recommend the Big M to someone with the stipulation that they eat prior to boarding and then only pay the $10 boarding fee. Skip the buffet.

1  Thank Nicb513