1,105 results
All reviewsisland view restaurantsun decklive entertainmentfun placethe ritzbars and restaurantsgreat beachcontestrunnerssunsetpier
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I stayed here during Spring Break in the early EIGHTIES and I booked for nostalgia purposes this year hoping for near the same vibe....NOT disappointed. The Lani Kai rocks at night so if quiet is what you are looking for stay somewhere else. Great beach and you can walk to other dining spots to check out. The action and energy is what you seek here...not white glove service, although NOT bad!

Room Tip: Beach view...upper floor...lower level can get a little CRAZY!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Tyla G, Front Desk Supervisor at Lani Kai Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Thank you for enjoying everything on property. We hope to see you come back soon!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Every room with a few of the beautiful beach! The best part of the hotel is the beach. Close to many good restaurants as well as its own. Yes, the bars are loud at night so book a room with a low number 201, 304 etc. as we did and not have a problem with noise. Nothing fancy inside. Our rooms were clean. Yes, we will stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms have incredible views of the gulf. Select a lower number room to be free of the bar and band noise.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Tyla G, Front Desk Supervisor at Lani Kai Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We loved having you with us and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope you will join us again in the future!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Lani Kai was nothing in which I expected when we got there. The rooms were very average, nothing fancy about them. Honestly, not my favorite at all, but since we weren't really there, except to sleep it didn't matter much. During our stay, water was shut off through the night until middle of the next morning for maintenance which was a pretty big inconvenience. Signs were posted and we had a warning, but you still want a shower in the am and it wasn't turned back on until around 9. On a plus note, the people were friendly, and the beach was very clean. It wasn't a terrible place, very outdated. I'm not sure whether or not I'll stay there again...

Stayed: November 2017

Thank you for reviewing our property. I hope you enjoyed most of your stay with us. We do apologize about the inconvenience with the water being shut off for your stay. Our Maintenance department worked their very best at the fastest pace. Please come visit us again so we can better accommodate you!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had our wedding at the Lani Kai and booked a room block for our guests. The wedding coordinator, Anna, is fabulous. She made sure all of our needs were met, and made sure we had the beach wedding we dreamed of. We planned this from a distance, so she made sure all the details were taken care of the day of. The day of the wedding could not have gone smoother or looked more beautiful.

The hotel itself is in a great location. The bars have good, cheap drinks, and are open almost all day. It is a hotel located directly on the beach, so there is sand in almost every part of the hotel, including (likely) your hotel room (hence the tile floors in every room). The rooms are basic - nothing fancy, and some have water damage (likely from the Hurricane). The problem was for guests who stayed on the west/north side (I think - rooms ending in lower numbers like -05, -04, etc) - they were situated directly above Club Ohana, and the bands played until 1 am. This did not allow a lot of our guests to sleep well, and some of them had children. People requested to move rooms, which we felt badly about since everyone was there for our wedding. It was the loudest on Friday night (the night before our wedding), so that was an extra bummer.

Overall, we would get married here in a heart beat once more, but we'd think twice before booking a room block here just based on noise alone.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south/east side (the rooms with higher numbers). They are on the opposite side of the club and are quieter at night.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had an amazing wedding! I will pass your kind words over to Anna. I am so sorry if some of your party did not enjoy due to the live entertainment. We hope in the future you will give us another opportunity!

Reviewed 11 November 2017

My daughter's friend was getting married at the hotel this weekend but they were pretty full. They have a bar with live music until 1 am. When I complained that this wasn't an acceptable room, they were "sorry" but only offered free breakfast and earplugs. Give me a break. if I can't get to sleep until 1 am due to their hotel having a bar directly below me that blast music all night, they shouldn't even sell these rooms. I work in the hotel business and you don't try and get away with this. Don't sell these rooms unless you spend the money on soundproofing.. I won't be staying here again. I want to warn whomever looks at these to don't set yourself up for this frustration.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Unless you want to run the risk of being right above bar.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark P

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are truly sorry your stay was not enjoyable. We do strive on our hotel having much entertainment and music. I do wish we could have accommodated you more while you were here but unfortunately throughout our weekends, we are not able to move people due to us being fully booked for the wedding. Please come again and give us another opportunity to assist you better to love and enjoy our property!