Lani Kai Island Resort
The Neptune Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 229
USD 221
Outrigger Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 159
USD 155
DiamondHead Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 264
USD 200
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 311
Pointe Estero Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 347
Edison Beach House(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 194
Sun Deck Inn & Suites(Fort Myers Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 127
USD 117
Hotwire.com
GullWing Beach Resort(Fort Myers Beach)
USD 493
TripAdvisor
Manatee Bay Inn(Fort Myers Beach)
1,061 results
All reviewsisland view restaurantsun decklive entertainmentfun placebars and restaurantsgreat beachcontestsunsetblastpier
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Unless you really don't give a s*** about the quality of your hotel and only want a bed to rest your head, don't stay here. They ONLY perks to this hotel are the view (which plenty of other hotels offer) and the location on Ft. Myers beach. This hotel is dirty, neglected, and falling apart. Our room was purchased using a gift certificate we won at a local bar for a hurricane fundraiser. It was for one night stay in a standard oceanside room at the Lani Kai. Having been here twice before I know not to expect much. Had we actually been paying for the room we would never have booked with them.

So my boyfriend and I take a trip to the beach for the day. We decided to go jet skiing after checking in. We came back to the room, covered in salt and wanting nothing but a hot shower, only to find that the hot water is out in the entire building, and remains that way for hours. The cold shower was really not satisfying but you can't just sit around with that salt drying your sunburnt skin so we suffered through. The cable TV was so in and out that you couldn't even bother to watch it. No help from the front desk offered....it just is how it is. The kicker was in the morning when I called room service to get some coffee delivered. I got transferred to the restaurant that handles this. I ordered two coffees and gave her my room number. I was put on hold. At this point I hear the lady ask someone else if they feel like delivering. Then I hear her say "No, I don't feel like doing it either". She comes back on the phone and tells me they are not doing room service. I told her it was bs and that I just heard her say she didn't feel like it and hung up and called the front desk back asking them when they do room service. The front desk lady apologized for them and brought me coffee herself.

At checkout we discussed all the issues we had with the receptionist and her response was that because we stayed on a gift certificate there is nothing she can do. I asked if a manager was available and she said the manager would say the same thing. Rather than argue I told her I would be posting a review and there you go! Apparently staying with a gift certificate means you aren't a guest at all. Unfortunately we have paid money in the past only to receive the same complete lack of service and a dirty, disgusting room. Also, don't think you can save a quick buck and stay in the rooms across the street also owned by the Lani Kai. Made that mistake last year and had roached in my room. Steer clear of the Lani Kai.

They make all their money off Spring-Breakers who are going to be too drunk to care and probably will never return anyways.

Room Tip: Just say NO
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey K
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Room is old. Beach sucks because all the locals go with their boat right up to the she shore and get down to drink and party at the hotel bar so you are literally swimming in gasoline from the boats and exhaust fume smell. This is place for party people, drunk young crowd everywhere. Pay more and stay elsewhere. Music is so loud that even with closed doors you feel like the band is in your room from super early in morning until past 2 am. Just believe all the reviews and stay away. Also my balcony and front door would not close and I had a leak right over my toilet from the ceiling... Disgusting!.... On a plus I found no roaches!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Janet O
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Reviews from young people (two of us) will think this is the greatest place on Earth. Reviews from older (me) people will frown heavily on this resort. My rating is in the middle because there were great things here and almost unbelievable half-assed things. LOVE the party atmosphere during the day. HATE getting hit on in the elevator by drunk women. LOVE the location, HATE the staff dumping trash barrels of glass beer bottles into a metal dumpster at 6:45am. LOVE the rooftop restaurant, rocking tables and the view, HATED the fight on the beach at 1:00am...on and on.

Room Tip: Stay here if you party
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Viperfreak2
Reviewed 24 January 2013

At first, the place seems great. the room was clean for the most part. The shower was useless. Zero way pressure, no way would I have been able to wash my hair. The noise was unbelievable. The music was banging till three in the morning. We were woken up at the crack of dawn by a million birds on our balcony and what sounded like construction. There was a sizable gap between our door and its frame. I also woke up with several bug bites. Awful stay.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Putter1989
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Let me start by saying that in all my years of travels, I have NEVER seen anything so disgusting in my life. My husband and I have never posted any negative reviews about restaurants, motels, anything. I don't enjoy bashing anyone. We read some of the negative reviews before we checked in. We thought,well it wont be so bad..............Big mistake!!! We should have believed everything that we read. When we arrived at Lani Kai, we could instantly see a building in need of serious renovation! We ask the manager to see our room. He was very nice and took us to a room that was just gross. Old bedding, old t.v. old mini fridge, sliding doors were so heavy and old that I couldn't open them. I refused to use that bed with the dingy looking bedding. The ceilings and walls were patched as well. He told us we could move to another room. Room #2that was a little better. New bedding, new mini fridge and a new t.v. the sliding doors opened so we decided to take that room. Still not great but make the best of it. After unpacking and going to the beach, we return to find that the rooms airconditioner is broken! We have to move again! Next room new bedding and t.v. the bed was horrible!!!! Like cement, the bathroom sink looked like a science project gone bad! Again patched ceilings walls, very old out dated furniture. We tried to laugh and make the best of the situation. When its time to shower, NO WATER!!!! For over 3and hours!!! Meanwhile during all the malfunctions we have discoverd that this is party central! Beach bar with live music, top floor................. of hotel is restaurant and bar with live music. Weekends its unbelievable! About 100the boats in the water, mass amounts of people on the beach. The locals use this as a number one party spot. After our water was turned on we think what else could go wrong:.............i take a shower and now i have no hot water!!!! The pool is shaded and they are supposed to heat it but they don't. We paid almost 800.00 to stay in hotel hell! Please think before you book a room.............................................................

JRoark, knoxville,tennessee