“Fun funky atmosphere and great sushi”
Review of Blu Sushi

Blu Sushi
Ranked #158 of 967 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2016

This is a fun place - great lighting, cosmopolitan atmosphere and sushi was great. We all loved what we chose - some fun 'local' rolls. Waitress was wonderful and really kind to our kids - made us feel comfortable and welcome.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

We went for lunch and everything was outstanding. Small dining area inside with patio seating outside. Tried several different rolls and all were very good. Service was spot on. Everything came out quickly. We sat inside on Saturday Sept 24

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Beautiful sushi. Great selection, great taste, really impressed. Sadly the service needs to be fixed. It was not busy at all but our waitress. First initial, J.....she could care less. Wh taking our order totally not interested, looking out the window. When we had questions she made the answers so hard and confusing to understand. Was worried more about her friends at the bar. I ordered another roll during the meal, after waiting twenty mins for that roll, I told her to forget it. Again she could care less, no apology, no feeling. She came back and drooped the check on our table, no thank you. Unreal! M in the luxury service industry and this gal should seek a new line of work. When she came around with drinks she passed me the drinks to put down. When she came around with the food she asked who had such and such and then passed it to that person. No decency to even put the good down in front of the guest. Food again was awesome! Service, sorry they missed big time.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

This is our "go to" spot for martinis. We were going to have one drink before going home but it poured the rain as soon as we walked in leaving us captive. First let me tell you that the stench that met our noses when we arrived was horrid. I have been here many, many times and it has never had a smell. Upon going to the bathroom in the restaurant behind the bar, I noticed there was no smell at the tables or at the sushi bar. The smell was only in the bar area. There were three blonde female bartenders on duty and the bar probably seats 12-15. We finally had to flag one of them down to place a order when no one when make eye contact with us or approach us. Mackenzie finally took our order. We started with a Coco Chanel Pink Martini which was beautiful with a lovely coconut rim however it was served Luke warm. I watched her make it and she shook it a couple of times and then started talking to her peers and pouring over some sort of catalog a customer had given them neglecting to shake my drink. She then poured it into my glass. My husband ordered a grey goose slightly dirty martini up with no vermouth. I watched her pour it and she did not pour grey goose which comes in a frosted bottle. She instead poured from their house vodka in a clear bottle. We drank our drinks anyway and began noticing that everyone else at the bar was being served drinks to the top of their glass when ours had only been half full. Other patrons were also given low ball glasses with the remainder of the pour from their shaker making their drinks twice the volume of ours. As I said we were forced to stay due to the rain. For our second round, I asked for the Edison martini which has no description of the ingredients on the menu but she told me it was a pineapple martini. She made my drink and left it sitting while making my husband's dirty martini, and this time she poured from the Grey Goose bottle located right in front of us. Then she dropped the blue cheese olives meant for his drink into my pineapple drink. She tossed my drink, ran water over the glass and mixed me another drink. So now my chilled glass was warm from the water but she did serve me a well made, icy pineapple martini that was delicious even if it didn't include the leftover pour others were receiving. 4 martinis $51 without tip. One drink was warm, one was poured with house liquor when grey goose was requested and 2 were delicious

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Only thing I can say is the salmon sushi did not come fast enough. Always top rate. Miss them on Sanibel at the Holiday Inn.