All reviews river view packaged pastries great view of the water close to downtown worked fine budget hotel floor room clean rooms waffles continental breakfast walking distance working order enjoyed my stay sanibel island rick pet myers
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Priced well and clean rooms. Unexpected trip to Fort Myers. Great for one two or more nights. Room was nicer than expected . Not a resort. Pool is nice. Beautiful view of River in some rooms. Not a lot of nearby restaurant options except fast food. Close to mall and city of Fort Myers. Not close to beaches yet a 30 min drive to these areas and significantly less expensive than beach areas. Management was strict but in a good way. Owners and staff truly care about the place.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 637meghand
Red Roof F, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Red Roof Inn. I am delighted that the hotel was nicer than expected and that you had time to enjoy the pool which are guests always enjoy. The river view is a winner with our guests and also the breakfast which is served each day from 6.00am through 9.00am. I am sorry you missed the restuarants nearby and will make sure each clerk explains the numerous sit down restaurants such as the Steak House. Three Fishermen, Sushi Bar and the newest one servingauthentic Mexican food!!! It si true to say that the management team truly cares about the Hotel and we appreciate when our guests acknowledge this. I will make sure all staff is aware of your kind comments and thank you again for taking the time......Come and see us again soon!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

From the start, I should say that I added 1 star in recognition of staff's overall positive and helping attitude. They do try hard. Otherwise, this property would be a solid "3" in my book (which is not bad, just average).

Among the Red Roofs I've seen before, this one is definitely on the better side. The hotel itself is quite tired, but it's obvious they've undertaken some refurbishments, so furniture looks modestly updated, although some elements (like lamps) definitely show age.

The room had the typical stale smell of an aged hotel - which subdued once the A/C started turning air over, so in the end, it was tolerable. The bathroom and toiletries were basic but clean, everything worked fine. The room actually has an extra (mobile) fan/airconditioner, the first time I've seen such things at a hotel. A mini-fridge, a microwave and an iron/ironing board - all worked fine.

Can't say the beds were comfortable, but for one night it was okay. You also hear the annoying hum from the nearby highway in the morning.

One of the pleasant features of this hotel is that they have a small pool overlooking the nearby marina.

Unlike many other Red Roofs, this one serves breakfast. The breakfast is rather basic, but still - nice to have.

All in all, not a bad place to crash overnight, but not the one I would come back to for anything but a good rate.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank lubger
Red Roof F, AGM at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you so mjuch for your review. We value all of our guests and listen to suggestions and ideas that our guests have.

Your comments about the staff ar eappreciated as they want you to feel at home and want to hear from you so we can make your stay even better.

We are glad that you found the in room amenities helpful and that you took time to have breakfast with us.

Again thank you for your input.

Rick (AGM)

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We stayed for five nights in this hotel and enjoyed a comfortable room with view overlooking the pool and river. Quiet position at the back of the hotel, not sure if the front would be the same as it's near main roads. Our beds were comfortable and clean, the room was well serviced every day. One aspect we didn't really like was the tiny shower room with a noisy ventilator. Breakfast was complimentary and ok except for plastic utensils and polystyrene plates, cups etc. Staff helpful and we were grateful to discover a laundry room. Good historic tram service available nearby which takes you into Fort Myers for free.

Room tip: Recommend a room with view towards the River. Worth the upgrade.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dinxalink
Red Roof F, Assistant General Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay.

The views of the river are amazing and we never tire of hearing how our guests enjoy the views.

I am always glad hearing that the staff was helpful as they value each and every guest and do whatever it takes to make a stay here as comforatble as possible. The breakfast consisting of waffles, cereals, bagels, yogur, juices, breads etc is avaialble from 6.00 to 9.00 am and we know our guests enjoy having something to start the day off with.

As you said the on site laundry room is available from 8.00am till 8.00pm and we are glad you took advantage of this.

Again thank you for your kinf comments and come back and see us.

Rick

AGM

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I’ll admit I was hesitant about staying here after reading some of the reviews. So knowing in advance that the bedding was some what questionable I brought my own. I drove down so I was able to. The check in process was ok, the best part was a sweet gentleman named Andrew! He’s the best! Made the stay better! As for the room... the floor could use a good scrub, the little carpet that was in it hadn’t been vacuumed in a while, I wore slippers. Needs a paint job, and a little sprucing up especially for the price. All in all it wasn’t that bad for a few nights here in town for business. Also there are no ashtrays outside, I asked why and the lady that runs the hotel said it’s because people will take the ashtrays in their rooms... that tells me a lot about the woman whom assumes the worst of her guests. Would I stay here again, probably not, it’s just not my cup of tea. But in a pinch it’s an ok place to rest your weary bones, just as long as you know what you are getting. Which is a cheaply run, not properly cleaned room, stained bedspread, no ashtrays, paint peeling, iffy neighborhood, old school drive up motel kinda place.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sugareemel77

Thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay. We value all comments and suggestions as they help us improve in areas our guests see so I thank you for that.

I will agree that Andrew our newest team member is a true gentleman and I am proud he is part of the team.

Always feel free to let us know during your stay if there is anything that we can do to improve your stay as we want to hear from you.

Again thank you for your review.

Rick

AGM

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Red Roof Inn hotels are clearly budget lodging but one would expect a clean room. That was not the case at this Red Roof Inn in North Fort Myers, FL. My wife and I checked in on Sunday, February 18, 2018 and checked out on Monday February 19. One of the pillows on the bed in our room was stained, the back of the bathroom door had what appeared to be blood with about half of the paint scraped off. It seemed that maybe a dog or cat was left in the bathroom and was trying to get out. The toilet had stains in the bowl, the room overall was not cleaned well. The trash cans outside were literally overflowing with garbage and there was trash outside around the hotel as well. When I checked out and told the man at the front desk about our experience, he simply looked at me, shrugged his shoulder and did not say a word, except "you don't understand". I asked him what it was that I didn't understand and he did not answer. Dirty accommodations and rude staff at this Red Roof Inn who obviously do not care.

Room tip: You get what you pay for. Spend a little more and get a decent room somewhere else.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank radioman1952_13
Red Roof F, Manager at Red Roof Inn Fort Myers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Thank you for your comments.