“Great value, good food”

Ginza
Ranked #191 of 981 Restaurants in Fort Myers
Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Reviewed 6 August 2017

It was good, but I was not overwhelmed. The service was excellent, and fast. Certainly the value is excellent. You order from your waitstaff, and they bring the food promptly. You can order as much as you want, but 5 dishes at a time. Imagine that discourages waste.
The tuna tataki was good, but just two pieces, so if you want more, ask for more than one order. Gyoza was quite bland. The spicy kani salad was a winner.
Fish on the sushi was good, but the construction was sloppy. Rice kept falling off. Too bad, it was tasty. The hibachi steak was a bit tough (overdone?).
All in all, OK...........but, in my opinion other options in the area are better quality.

Ginza S, General Manager at Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you Dan for taking your time to write us. really appreciated your review. I will look into the gyoza with our chefs to make it more tasty and less bland. and as far as construction too. I will talk to my workers. as a restaurant hearing new comments and suggestions is what we want to make us improve and become better and better to serve our past , present, and future customers . thank you and have a great week. hope to see you soon

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The food is awsome and the quality is top notch. The All You Can Eat is a great value. The price of drinks are good also. My only complaint is Housekeeping. They just give the tables a quick wipe and do not clean the seats. The wipe rag smelled like it was 2 weeks old. I could smell it when the tables were wiped 3 tables or more away. I do recommend Ginza because of the food.

HI Richard, first I wanna say thank you for your present and dining at our restaurant. I really appreciate your comments and suggestion. we do need to tell the buser and servers to make sure the table is as clean as possible. and I will change the rags to newer one. thanks again for writing us. have a great week and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

You will eat an IMMENSE amount of food you better call for a driver. FOOD COMA!!! Delicious fresh sushi.....unlimited! ALL YOU CAN EAT! It's an experience. We had great, quick service. Our waiter, James was truly amazing- "try everything!"

thank you Kathryn for your review . thank you so much again. have a great week. hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We had eaten here several times and enjoyed it. I was so excited to have found a new Sushi restaurant.

On our last visit 15-July we tried the lunch. The food was good. We brought our 2 young children. We asked if we could just get a bowl of rice for them as they hardly eat. The server said - I won't even charge you for that as you get rice with your all you can eat meals anyway.

It was busy, but our server couldn't be found after he brought our food. We had to run down another waiter to get us a refill of our drinks - the one refill we got.

When we were just finished our server came up real nice and asked if our girls would like some ice cream as well - so we said ok.

Then the bill came and so did the charge for 2 full kids buffet's. The waiter said his manager made him charge us even though he had promised otherwise. The manager would not even speak to us. I just told the server that if you promise something you should honor it. If we wanted to order a full buffet we would have at least gotten the kids some chicken to go with the rice.

So we paid $12 for $4 worth of food.

I did promise that I would give a review of our experience of the cowardly manager - so here it is.

This is our last trip. The food is decent, but the service is lousy.

2  Thank Edward P

Hi Edward , my name is Andi and I am the Gm of Ginza. first I want to apologize for what happened. my manager was definitely wrong whoever was on the floor that day. if my servers promise something, it should be honored and I would love to offer you a 25 percent discount upon your next visit for our errors. have a great weekend and again we apologize, it should of never happened to our valued customers if we promise something and it not being honored

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I had all you eat sashimi with salad and fried cheesecake. Others had chicken hibachi. Our waiter new his stuff and service was excellent.

Ginza S, General Manager at Ginza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

thank you John for your review. we are happy u enjoy our food and enjoy your experiences at Ginza. have a nice weekend