“Nice Hotel, Great Location”

Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Fort Myers
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

My sister-in-law and I spent two nights at the Hotel Indigo. We had a good sized room with two really comfy queen sized beds. The room was very clean and quiet. The shower in the bathroom was just like the showers in Italy and France--meaning, the glass shower door only goes halfway across so you end up with water all over the floor. The only negative about the room was the view looking at the roof of another building. Wish we had gotten a room with a view of the river but, oh well.

The roof top bar was very nice although it would have been really nice if you could actually see the river without having to jump up on a ledge to peer over the wall that goes all the way around the patio.

One other thing, this hotel is in a great location with lots of restaurants but if you think you are just a short drive to the beach, you are not. The beach is at least 30-45 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have stayed in several hotels in downtown Fort Meyers. This one is the best we have stayed in. It is small but well equipped (gym, pool, rooftop bar). The rooms are beautiful. We have stayed in two different rooms. Both had fabulous walk in showers and nice views of the river.

The service is a real high point hrre. The valet parking guys sprint to the parking garage to get your car and are always friendly. When we checked in this time I did not like my room location ( too close to the elevator). When I told the guy at the front desk he happily looked for alternatives and upgrsded me to a room not only in a better location, but it was a bigger room.

If you come here in March and are looking for a fun time, schedule your trip to be here for St. Patricks Day. After the Red Sox spring training game where they wear green shirts there is a Mardi Gras like music psrty in the streets near Indigo. There are live bands playing and food and drink vendors covering three city blocks.

• Stayed March 2012
Catherine O, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am always delighted when our guests take time to tell us how much they enjoyed their stay with Hotel Indigo. We hope you come and stay with us again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Excellent location (even if you have to park, pay and walk a little).
Excellent rooms, excellent service, excellent Breakfast!
We'll come again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Kayla D, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority! We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is a great boutique hotel in a great part of the Downtown Fort Myers River District. My brother and I recently stayed here for four nights as we were in town to watch the Red Sox spring training.

The hotel is in a historic building in the middle of Downtown Fort Myers; like many of the surrounding buildings is built in the classic art deco style. The lobby contains a bar/restaurant, the front desk, and an attached promenade with a Japanese restaurant. Upon our late check-in after an evening flight, the front desk was helpful and attentive.

The rooms are typical of the Hotel Indigo brand, with bright white walls and hardwood floors. The room was very clean and large, as was the bathroom with its modern design - lots of nice tile and glass wall at the shower.

The hotel also has a rooftop pool, along with a fitness center and rooftop bar. The rooftop bar is a popular space amongst both hotel guests and locals, and on the weekends there is live music or a DJ. The hotel was hosting a wedding the weekend of our trip, so the bar was always busy and full of activity. The rooftop pool and bar provides for a great view at sunset of Downtown Fort Myers and the river and bridges.

The hotel has valet parking and an adjacent city garage, but if you're there on the weekends there is plenty of free parking on the streets. There are plenty of bars, restaurants, and cafes within a short walking distance of the hotel. Now that the Red Sox have moved to JetBlue park in Lee County, the stadium is about a 20 minute drive from the hotel.

Overall, I was very satisfied with the hotel and would definitely stay here again on a future trip to the Fort Myers area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Kaysville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed her for 11 nights and was given a corner room. I enjoyed this hotel because it was clean, smelled new (even though it was 3 years old) and I love the boutique hotels. The room had hard wood floors in it which I really liked. They were obviously easy to keep clean aiding in the room staying so fresh. The linens were very Florida/Carribean colors and the room was very functional. The cleaning staff did an excellent job of freshening up every day.

The lobby was funky but nice - that's what boutique hotels are all about.

Front desk staff was pleasant and polite. The bartender was very friendly and told me about a lot of good food choices. The girls in the restaurant let me sit at the counter and they talked with me about "girl stuff" while I was there. I enjoyed that and they made me feel at home and just an acquaintance rather than a customer. The food was ok and the menu was limited.

I liked that the hotel was situated right in the downtown area. It gave me a chance to walk all over and enjoy the weather and people. People there love to take their dogs everywhere and I enjoyed watching the interaction.

I wish Hotel Indigo had more hotels to stay at since I travel a lot.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
10.2 km away
Crowne Plaza Fort Myers at Bell Tower Shops
2.2 km away
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfront
BEST WESTERN Fort Myers Waterfro...
#1 of 4 in North Fort Myers
6.9 km away
Hyatt Place Fort Myers at The Forum
5.5 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Been to Hotel Indigo Fort Myers River District? Share your experiences!