My friend and I meticulously planned this "all inclusive vacation" after the website boasted multiple restaurants and looked forward to getting away. Upon arrival, my friend asked "John" how the food was to which he made a horrible face. Trying to remain optimistic, we dragged our luggage to our room(no bellhop)only to discover we were given one bed instead of two. We dragged our luggage back down to have the issue rectified. After settling in our room, it was clear it was run down. The sheets did not fit the bed properly and after a night's sleep, old bloody mattresses were exposed. It was revolting. Had this trip not been paid for, I would have gone somewhere else IMMEDIATELY. Breakfast consisted of cereal, scrambled eggs and toast....nice buffet. Lunch was cooked outside by the tiki bar and it was the best food the "resort" offered. Dinner was quite a treat. We both ordered steaks(which weren't available), chicken parmesean(wasn't available)and the list goes on and on. The food that was there was horrible. My nasty fish that was supposed to be plated on a bed of sauteed spinach arrived on canned spinach. At the time, I was afraid to complain because I had to eat there for several more days. Day after day, the "food truck never arrived" with the missing menu items. The staff live on sight, are mostly family and several have 666 tattooed for the world to see. Finally, on our next to last day a cruise was cancelled and filled up the "resort". The restaurant manager went out and bought steaks and other higher value menu items to accomodate them. I was told by the staff that I should call next time before I come to make sure that the hotel is full before I book to which I replied, "The website should state that" AND "I will never be back". I am shocked that the owners of this hotel find this deceptive advertisement acceptable. My friend and I felt taken advantage of and taken for fools. It was especially interesting that the staff asked me to say good things about them(by name) on tripadvisor. I can only assume prior positive ratings mentioning staff names were a result of this request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inverrary Resort offers an array of activities like Golf,Tennis, Spa and Conference Center. Located on the West side of Ft. Lauderdale close to Sawgrass Mall and the beaches. From light fares to international cooking in our gourmet restaurant, you will have your preferred option and your variety of selection throughout your vacation. Our Conference Center will be able to accommodate your meeting or social gathering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inverrary All Inclusive Vacation Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Vacation Hotel
- Inverrary Vacation Fort Lauderdale
- Inverrary Hotel