“Inside ---2 Star......Outside......1 Star”

Travelodge Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #118 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
kansas city
“Inside ---2 Star......Outside......1 Star”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

It is an old property. The outside needs serious work. The elevator was creepy. You had to be buzzed into the office even on a Sunday afternoon. But, the room itself was okay with pleasant furniture and a quality mattress. We stayed there because of the location on Sunrise Blvd and the price which incidentally was cheaper on the internet than at the front desk.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Exeter, RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

We had booked in here for 2 nights and when we drove up to the hotel I couldn't get over how bad the neighborhood was! It got much worse when we got to our room. Even the pictures posted by customers on this site are still WAY better than the room we were given. It was disgusting, the walls had holes and were crumbling, it smelled horrible and the carpet was gross. I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to get a different hotel to stay at because there was no way I was going to sleep there and I was afraid to even sit down while I was on the phone. Also a note, I'd booked through Travelocity and when I tried calling them for help in finding a new hotel they just kept telling me my trip was non-refundable and refused to help me, even after I told them I will pay for a new hotel just get me out of here. They didn't care.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Princ3ss13

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

DeLand, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

This is the first motel I've seen where the AC unit is mounted a good 6 feet off the ground. I could not see the dial but had to guess at the settings. Not to mention the place is run down. They are in the process of remodeling but I don't think you can help this place. I've stayed at 2 different Travelodges in the last couple of months;both where run down and I probably wont stay at another Travelodge.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank journaltk
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed from July 10 to July 14 and we ordered our trip through Travelocity. When we arrive we had to change room twice because the first room no one was able to open the door. The next room was suppose to be non smoking however smelled like smoke really bad. The bathroom was so filthy i went out and got few things to clean it. I ask the front desk for new towels and they would say they were out! We wanted swimming pool with our hotel. We went to the beach and when we came back we realize the health dept. shut down the pool. They do have a Elevator however its so old and i thought out dated, because I thought we got stuck in it however after 5 mins inside it finally open. The floor was dirty we wore our shoes in the room because our feet would get black. The bed was horrible. The service was RUDE. Thats not the worse of it all, WE BROUGHT HOME BED BUGS!!!!!!! Please dont stay you been warn. Here is the picture of the pool that was shut down from the health dept.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Trip8328
Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed at the motel for Friday and Saturday nights. The room was clean, very basic, and in need of paint and new carpeting. IThe king-size bed was very comfortable. The room was somewhat dingy, however, this is a low-budget motel that is very conveniently located to the Ft. Lauderdale beach area. We didn't use the pool or sample their buffet breakfast, but both looked OK. TV worked fine, although it's not fancy. We requested an extra pillow and towels, and got them pretty quickly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple