See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Travelodge is the worst hotel that I have ever seen - in fact - my wife and I did not even stay in this hotel a single night because it was clearly filthy and did not feel safe. It was nothing like the room in the photo. When we checked in to the hotel, we were given a key that looked like it fit a prison door. We walked into the room. The room was covered in a rusty-mildew smell. The bedroom was dark, the room smelled like urine, and the bathroom was smaller than an airplane latrine. Despite it already being 10 PM, we left the motel to find somewhere else to stay- it was the right decision. I even contacted corporate and they will not give a refund for a 5 night stay. Don't stay here!

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
fortlauderdalebeacht, Webmaster at Travelodge by Wyndham Fort Lauderdale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it did not turn out as you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about having the offline reality match what is shown in the photo on the web.

• A copy of your review was given to corporate.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 23 February 2011

I don't travel a lot, but this is BY FAR the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The beds were uncomfortable and did not even have fitted sheets. On top of that, there were BLOOD STAINS on the sheets.

Disgusting.

Location is fairly solid.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jayhawkjoe98

Reviewed 23 February 2011

I have stayed in cheap motels before but none as bad as this one. I cannot believe Wyndham allows their name on this place.
It looked ok on the internet and was reasonable in cost so I went ahead and booked for the group. We arrived fairly late and were using this motel just for a few hours to wait for our cruise out of Port Everglades the next day. When we arrived we thought we had everything paid in advance with the credit card over the net as it was cheaper that way supposedly. Well the girl at the desk insisted we pay up again and work it out later. Whatever, it was late so we just wanted a few hours sleep so we went ahead anyway. the kids got into their room and really wanted to leave then due to bad smell of moldy carpets, stained walls and a big old cockroach which scared the girls. All night long there was people talking loud and other noise which made it near impossible to sleep. We stuck it out and left in the morning knowing that we already had the return stay prepaid and non refundable.
Anyway after two fantastic weeks of cruising the Caribbean with Carnival Freedom and living in complete luxury, we come back to stay another night of hell. We got in early enough that we had to ask the desk what we could do with our luggage until the rooms were ready for us. We got a blank stare that said "suck it" so we walked (the taxi had dropped us off) down the road and found another motel that was greatly accomodating, had a restaurant attached and was ready with three rooms which were clean. It was less cost than booking "the dump" by internet and a hundred times better.
So even though we had to pay for more rooms it was still worth that and the walk with the luggage. That was the Beach Palace and Casey's Bar and Grill. they made us feel like family.

Date of stay: January 2011
2  Thank crichar1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that what you encountered was not what you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about making sure that reservations made over the net would be recognized at the facility.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a cockroach and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. We take our reviews seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 25 January 2011

Please take not that I have not stayed at this hotel and will never stay at this hotel.
DO NOT BOOK ONLINE! I have sent customers in December and they told me that this place is a Dump! I booked a room for my family for a vacation in April a while ago but when I got my customers reviews, I wanted to cancel but knew that I couldn't because of policies when booking online. Now, for personal reasons, my trip is cancelled. I called the hotel directly to see if I can reschedule or cancel.
I talked to the manager: MS. SHRUTI BATRA. Asked her if there was anything she can do since my trip was cancelled. I told her that I was aware of the cancellation policies but asked if I would be charged the whole 5 nights even though I cancel a few months in advance. I was very polite and insisted that I understood the rules but all she said was that since I was a travel agent I should know how it works and she just hung up on me!!! I wrote an email to management of Travelodge to explain what happened. I do and did not expect a refund but do expect good customer service. Travelodge management called back to apologize but there was nothing they can do about reimbursement. With all this being said. I will NEVER again book customers at a Travelodge Hotel. And if I do go to Fort Lauderdale with my family, I will NOT, NEVER book this hotel. I hope Travelodge management fires the manager because to me, good customer service is essential.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carolelapuce

Dear Travel Agent,

I am sorry that your dealings with Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge were less than pleasant ones.

• The manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which she, as our employee and representative, is to conduct herself.

I hope that at some future time, if you are in our area, you will reconsider and attempt to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. We take our reviews very seriously and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 20 December 2010

First of all I was talking to a guy who seemed helpful I had a little pouch my purse with all of my money in it he snatched it from me and raced off in a car. When I told the front desk they knew of this guy and told me he was not allowed here the guy behind the glass mind you the doors they keep locked because they must have been robbed before it seems every one homeless in south florida flocks around this hotel and the hotel allows this. As for the rooms filthy they never clean the rooms unless you ask and honestly the quality of the cleaning poor one night we had no toilet paper or towels we had to wait to the next morning this place is Floridas Dump if you like to be with all types of trash and stay in smokefilled dirty hotels this is the one definitley follow up with trip advisor before staying anywhere that was our mistake again this place so called travellodge shouldbe called hotelcitydump!!!

Date of stay: December 2010
2  Thank hoteltravelinflorida

Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about improving the security of the hotel to make it better and safer for our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Travelodge. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.