“Wonderful stay at the Marriott Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL”

Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Ranked #22 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 September 2010

When I arrived I was greeted by Daniel at the front desk who was friendly and very professional. I checked into my room without any problems. The room was clean, had a nice view and the deco was very modern. I had dinner in the dining room and was greeted warmly by Miguel. Pancheco my server, was very gracious, customer oriented and was a great waiter. In the morning I had breakfast and lovely Melania (server) greeted me with a smile. She was very hospitable, customer responsive and professional. Mookie the Restaurant Supervisor was also sweet both with the customers and he staff. Over all I had a wonderful stay. The best that I can remember.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Penntampa
There are newer reviews for Fort Lauderdale Marriott North

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Got a great deal on priceline. $35 per night. Very convenient to everything but not a great "hanhout" location...trailer park across the street. 20 minutes to everywhere ....nice staff and clean rooms. What more do you need?

• Stayed: August 2010
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2010

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Marriott Fort Lauderdale North. You are obviously a very savvy traveler as you found such a great deal via Priceline.com. While the discount you received is very rare at this hotel, we do occasionally offer deep discounts to encourage trial business and obviously, it worked. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

"Beautiful" describes our recent stay at the Marriott.
Lorre and Marlena were friendly and helpful when we checked in. Lorie in housekeeping stopped by to check on my ill aunt and the staff provided a wheel chair for her.
Everyone greeted us with a smile and made sure we were comfortable.
The room was spacious and the location is near many restaurants.
We enjoyed the food at the hotel and my mother loved the sweet potatoe fries.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2010

Dear ExtraordinaryPlaces,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such nice comments about Lorre, Laurie and Marlena with the TripAdvisor community. I agree, our people are our best asset at this hotel. I will make sure we have plenty of Sweet Potato Fries waiting for you in the Blue Fire Grille next time you're here. I with you safe and exciting travels.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2010

Let me start by saying we travel a lot. We bought a timeshare trip with a cruise and were booked at the ramada resort, upon arriving there we gave it one night and refused to stay anymore. The company sent us to look at 2 other hotels in the area, and we also refused those. Finally, the sent us to this Marriott. I can honestly say our attitudes about the trip changed the moment we were greeted at the front desk. It was 11:00 at night we were tired, hadnt slept because of bed bugs and hair in the bed at the last place. This room was exceptional. The bed was one of the most comfortable we've ever stayed in. The pool area is beautiful and great for a night of relaxing after being on the beach. The weight room had everything my boyfriend Andy wanted. He's a workout buff and is very picky with his routine. Even he was surprised about the machines the hotel offered. Now let me talk about the best part of this hotel.. the staff. They truly go above and beyond. They make sure the hotel is spotless and that you are having a good day. What still stands out in our mind is the waitstaff. At all 3 meals we really got to know and talk to 1 worker in particular. He could give suggestions on great things to see and was just genuinly nice to talk with. I wish i could remember his name because he deserves a raise. I think he was in charge most of the time and made sure things were perfect. I just want to say thank you again for making this trip amazing and you truly saved our vacation. We will recommend you and visit again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aboyles3
joeldarrgm, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2010

Dear aboyles3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. While I am disappointed that your first experience to our wonderful city was less than acceptable, I am thrilled you were able to find us at the Marriott. It warms my heart to see the level or service my team provided you made such a lasting impact on you and your travel partner. I will share your feedback with my team to help them understand what an effect their actions can make on our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2010

I had to go to Fort Lauderdale last minute due to a family emergency and used to Priceline to get an affordable room just hoping for something simple and clean. What a surprise! A recently and beautifully renovated lobby, spacious and clean rooms, a first rate restaurant, helpful and cordial staff...couldn't have asked for more. I do a fair amount of travelling and have stayed in many upscale properties and many can take lessons from this hotel. Unfortunately I will be visiting the area many more times over the next several weeks/months due to difficult family circumstances, but at least I feel good knowing I have an excellent place to come back to after difficult days. I feel very fortunate to have found it in the first place. Thank you Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo