5,416 results
All reviewsg barwater taxitower roompool barcruise portpre cruiseintercoastal waterwaypool sidelas olasnankingbalconyshipsftlauderdalewalgreenscruisersshuttle
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’m here right now with my husband. We’re travel industry professionals and we are

here for business. This will be our 4th night of a 7 night stay. Needless to say, we travel often. Arrival and checkin were fine. We arrived late, the first thing we noticed in the room #719, was wow very little lighting. The big issue here tho, is if you’re a lady and have any amount of hair, expect it to take at least a solid 8-10 minutes to rinse out your shampoo, add 8-10 if you need to use conditioner. The baths might have subway tile, so it could’ve been redone within the past 6-8 yrs since this tile became popular, but I have never been so stressed trying to shower and wash my hair at any hotel like this! Sure the rainshower head looks nice, but it’s impossible to rinse hair and body. My husband asked to gave slacks dry cleaned and had to bring them to the front desk. 13 hours later we return. My husband called front desk to ask about his pants and had to go down to the front desk to pick them up. After waiting on a 10 minute line he’s directed to the bellman? The bellman proceeds to tell him he needs to see if they’re back, and my husband waits another 10 minutes. I forgot, we had to ask for coffee creamers in our room? Also, back from a 13 hr business day, I go to take a shower and my husbands hair is still on the shower floor from the morning? Eww. Yes it’s his, my hair is long, his very short. I send A LOT of people to stay in FLL precruise. I can not confidently recommend you! Hilton, I’m as ashamed at you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank I-am-CruiseDivaNJ
HiltonMarina, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear I-am-CruiseDivaNJ:

We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I picked this hotel because it was on the marina side and thought it might be a little quieter. I was only in town for one day. I arrived at 6:45 pm to a long line to check in with only one person at the counter. About ten minutes later I was able to check in. The "upgraded" me to a marina view room on the second floor, I got my keys and went to my room. When I arrived at my room (it was a hike) my keys didn't work. So rather than lug my bags back down to the desk, I called the hotel operator and explained the issue and asked if someone could bring me keys for my room that worked. The lady told me no problem that someone would be right there. By 7:15 I was becoming impatient and called again. The same woman told me that someone would be up in a few minutes and then hung up. I waited another 5 minutes and decided to just make my way back to the front desk. When I got there, had to wait in line again. By this time I was done. I asked to just check me out and I would stay at a different property. The gentleman was very apologetic and offered to get me a new room closer and comp my dinner. I agreed, against my better judgment. I asked if there were any really good seafood places around. He directed me to there bar and grill beside the pool. I got into my room, which had definitely seen some years. They tried to remodel the bathroom but the bathtub had a large patched hole and the faucet looked dirty but it was just the finish peeling off. Anyway, I went down to their bar and looked at the menu. I'm not kidding when I say the closest thing to seafood they had was fish tacos and popcorn shrimp. I was exhausted so I stayed and ordered. 40 minutes later my fish tacos came out. I asked if I could just get them to go, which they accommodated and I went back to the room. The television was almost unwatchable but I’m not sure why. It almost looked like it was pirated or something. I think it was just because there are so many rooms maybe? Anyway, every time someone walked by my room I could hear them speaking just like they were in the room with me. That night about 1230 in the morning a couple of guys ran up and down the hall yelling “yeah b*!ches”, and they might as well have been in the room yelling in my face that’s how loud it was. I called the front desk and they said they would send security up and it sounded like I wasn’t the only one to have called.
Long story short, if you have a family with little ones who need it quiet to sleep, don’t stay here. If you are a parent and need some sleep after a long day at the beach or traveling, don’t stay here. In fact, the only ones who should stay here are people who are hard of hearing or have hearing aids that can be turned off.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the 2100-2200or 2300's. This was the building I stayed in.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank dkem2016

Dear dkem2016:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with you stay. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Considering I wanted a hotel on the beach and ended up booking the wrong hotel it was a gorgeous stay. I wanted something a little more lively but the staff are very friendly & helpful! The rooms kind of gross me out, just aren’t as clean as I think they should be but the view onto the river is gorgeous. For someone who grew up living on a yacht i defiantly didn’t mind this view. I probably wouldn’t book here again but that’s only because I like to explore and try new things for someone else I would recommend if they aren’t looking for a on beach hotel. Which I sadly really wanted.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stay at this hotel with my parents once a year for one night while we are in Fort Lauderdale, and it has been a consistent choice over the years. You can tell the rooms are dated and could use some TLC, but for the most part, they're pretty clean. Every room has a beautiful view (duh, it's Fort Lauderdale), but we like the intercoastal view the most. It's super close to the airport and Port Everglades (which is convenient for cruisers, such as ourselves). The pool has a bar/restaurant and access to the dock where you'll find prestigious yachts and sailboats. The café inside is extremely overpriced, so we typically avoid it. The hotel is also walking distance from shops and restaurants. There have been a handful of times when the staff seems frazzled/overwhelmed trying to help guests, but they are friendly for the most part.

Room Tip: Intercoastal waterway views are mesmerizing.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
HiltonMarina, General Manager at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear CCossu94:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel and we appreciate your loyalty. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here pre- cruise. The hotel is beautiful with absolutely wonderful staff. The grounds and surroundings are awesome and so welcoming. I paid the premium prices for two rooms with an ocean view. These rooms were the most expensive you can get but I was willing to pay it so my brother could see the cruise ships come in. When we checked in - one room was ocean view and one room was marina view. I gave my brother the ocean view room and we took the other room I didn’t mind our view - but it wasn’t what I paid for.

Double check your bill! They have yet to credit me anything back and also charged another $276 with no explanation. Now I get to spend my time fixing things. Hilton is a class act - I’m hoping they fix these mistakes

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family