“ooh la la..hot pool boy Kevin!”

Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Plymouth, Michigan
“ooh la la..hot pool boy Kevin!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I came here with some friends last Sat and Sun and we enjoyed ourselves relaxing and taking in the scenery. The place was very clean and the food was delicious! The staff was great..everyone was very friendly. There was a time when the waitress was not around and Kevin made sure to take care of us. Not to mention he always made sure we had fresh towels! Overall it was a great time and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Dear Calla P,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for singling out some of our staff members. We share all of our comments with our team members and I know they will enjoy reading your review.
Thank you so much for your business and we are all looking forward to your return.

Bob Keesler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,020)
  • Finnish first
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The staff was very helpful and attentive. Kevin at the pool went out of his way to accommodate us. My only complaint was that the prices were a little overpriced...and the fact that the property is not really near restaurants or shopping taxis were a must. We will be back the service was great...but $11 - 16 for a mixed drink is a little much (smaller than a solo cup).

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Tammy J,

Thank you for your review and suggestion. Yes, we are removed from the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Strip giving our guests a more exclusive experience in a more private area, however, less than a 5 minute cab ride to all the clubs and other restaurants. It is great to read that you enjoyed the service your received and we are all looking forward to your return.

South Florida
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My husband and I just spent two nights at this hotel. We loved it! The hotel itself is beautiful and the location, directly on the beach, is perfect! The staff was so friendly and helpful! Will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear pinktop,

Thank you for your review. It is pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us especially the service you received. We are all looking forward to your return.

Brighton
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We found the Pelican on travelocity with an amazing rate. I did a small bit of research and found the good reviews out wayed the bad ones and went ahead book our stay for our honeymoon. As other reviewers stated everything on site is SOOOO expensive. Had I paid full price for our room I would have been very upset about the prices. Nothing extra is included, not even the water they leave in your room, no that was $5/bottle!

We decided not to rent a car becuase of the $28/day parking fee. But, since we had to take a taxi every where (there was nothing in walking distance) I think we ended up spending the same amount in transportation cost as we would have if we rented a car and paid to park it.

I wish I would have read more reviews before booking because as I logged in to write this review I read a few others and I now understand why I have red bumps all over my legs. I even joked with my husband on the last day saying I wonder if this place has bed bugs because each day the bumps got worse. Since I have no prior experience with such a problem I had nothing to compare the bumps to, now I think my joke was actually real and that our room did in fact have bed bugs.

We did however find the staff very friendly and helpful! We absolutetly loved Melissa and Mike who worked in the Postcard bar. Also, when the associate who check us in found out it was our honeymoon he upgraded our room from a city view to an ocean view and he also sent up a free cheese and cracker plate to our room shortly after check in. Alex, one of the door man, was there everyday of our stay. He greeted us everytime he saw us and asked if he could help us in anyway. Anytime we needed a taxi he was more than happy to help us. Kudos to the staff for great service!

We only ate on site twice (again because of the prices) and the food was just okay. Nothing to get excited about. We actually enjoyed our nachos from the small hotel next door more than the food we ordered at the Pelican. The ice cream shop was cute and we did enjoy a cone from there a few times. Again the staff in the ice cream shop always seemed happy and helpful.

We did enjoy the pool and beach very much. They both seemed very clean and well maintaned to us. The staff was always there at both places ready to makes us comfortable. We really did love the lazy river too. It wasn't big but since we visited during off season we had it to ourselves most of the time. I can see how it would get very crowded during the busy season though.

Overall we enjoyed our trip for the prices we paid for our stay and to travel there. However I would NEVER paid full rates for this resort and next time we travel to Ft Lauderdale we will find a hotel that is walking distance to food and attractions.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly H
Dear Kelly H,

Please accept my apologies for a less than perfect stay. I am very disheartened to read that you felt things here were overpriced. I can assure you that our pricing is right in line with the other hotels on Ft. Lauderdale Beach including our valet parking charge which is one of the lowest on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. I am glad to read that overall you felt the service was up to your standards and the you enjoyed most of your time here.
As for your suggestion that you might have been bitten by bedbugs, please let me assure you that this was not the case. I will say that due to the large amount of rain there has been a large amount of sand fleas that are on the beach, however, not in the rooms.
I hope that again you will accept our apologies for living up to the standards we set for ourselves as well as what you expected. I do invite you to call me personally to discuss.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

In planning our last minute trip we came across the Pelican Grand hotel, did our own research and based on the reviews decided to stay. Well, let me just say, it was the best decision we made - the hotel is really a great spot. The staff was so nice and very helpful. Each staff person went out of there way to help us whenever we had a question or need. Alex L was gave us the best recommendations on where to eat--and we were left pleased and in awe after each meal. The property was very clean and the views were breath taking. Having the ice-cream shop onsite was also great for the late night sweet cravings. Laying on the beach and having someone wait on you and bring drinks was the best! The treatment given from day 1 was truly awesome. The rooms were clean, the house-cleaning crew did a great job each day. I traveled with my husband and 15 year old daughter and we had plenty of room to move around and not feel like we were on top of each other for the week we were there. This will be our preferred place to stay and I recommend others to at least give it a try, you won't be disappointed. Thanks to everyone for the great hospitality.

Room Tip: We had the ocean front double room with separate living room. If you can get this type of room you w...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Holly J

What a pleasure it is to read your review of the Pelican Grand. Our goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is always fun to read when we have succeeded. I also want to thank you for singling out several of our team members and the overall service you received.
Personally I want to thank you for choosing the Pelican Grand and I know I speak for all our team members when I say we hope you will return soon.