“Really wonderful hotel and amazing staff”

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano
Ranked #8 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale Intracoadtal for 6 weeks while my wife recovered from major surgery. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are the most well appointed Residence Inn rooms I have ever seen- including in-room washer/dryer and full balcony with nice views. The neighborhood is great with anything imaginable within easy walking distance including restaurants, supermarket, drug stores, coffee shops, etc. And finally the staff- couldn't have asked for nicer, more accommodating and efficient people. They were so caring with my wife who was pretty impaired and me addressing every question and extra request cheerfully and promptly. They also did such nice things like presenting an hors d'oevres plate upon arrival and champagne for our wedding anniversary. Just really nice people all the time every time.

We had an accessible room and it was great- very comfortable and seamless for her to navigate as she recovered from back surgery.

I'd like to recognize the Asst General Manager Michelle Silvia, General Manager David Fernandez, front desk team: Ashley, Petula, Kelly, Catherine, Dene, Kristen, Steve and Hilton; the bartenders Carol and Kristina; valets Ryan, Marco, John, Hector, David and Valdo, breakfast team Wendy and Schella and of course Chef Mark and Ricky for the really delicious food in the restaurant.

I'd love to stay here again and recommend it enthusiastically to anyone traveling to Ft. Lauderdale.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review. We are certainly proud of our associates. Our staff truly cares about our guests and it obviously shows with your recent stay. We will share your positive praises with each of the team members that you mentioned. Thank you for your business. We wish you safe and exciting travels throughout your business journey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. I found a few cons but nothing major. The ceiling fan didn't work, one of the lamps didn't work, and there was a hair on a towel. You can hear doors closing from the other rooms but that was as loud as it got (besides the street noise that went away when the sliding door was closed). I didn't pay the $18/daily for parking, I made sure to pay the meter throughout my stay which turned out to be cheaper. The ocean view is partially obstructed and its mostly of the parking lot but from where the bed was located, it was perfectly fine and being able to see my vehicle when I wanted was a plus. Breakfast was okay, I didnt expect more than the usual bread, waffles, and oatmeal anyways. Getting to the pool wasn't as easy as I thought due to construction but you just have to be careful not to misstep on the way there. I found the jacuzzi to feel a bit slimy but the pool was very clean. Check-in was easy and I love that they check-out at 12pm, later than the usual. The kitchen was a dream and I didn't see any bugs! It was a great stay! I wish it was less expensive, I would stay here more often. It has lots of perks that I usually want when I stay out with great service as well!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous12_11
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

This place is awesome from beginning to finish. The room was clean and beautiful. The amenities were awesome. Small but efficient workout area.. beautiful pool. We were also treated to a free cocktail hour and spectacular breakfast feast. Highly recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation as well. You will be glad to hear that we are increasing the size of the fitness center by late September. We hop you return soon to experience the new equipment. Thank you for your positive comments.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

My family and I had to stay here for a week while our home was being repaired from a fire. Amazing property, great accommodations, and the staff was absolutely top notch. Kelly, Pat, and Kathy at the Front Desk all went above and beyond to ensure our stay was perfect. From Front Desk all the way to Ryan/Hector/Valdo at Valet...everyone there was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

I was thrilled to see that we delivered excellence from both a product and service standpoint. Thank you for your review. I will share your positive praises with Kelly, Pat, Kathy, and the Valet team. I was thrilled to see that three of our dedicated staff were able to make your stay Brilliant. Please come back and visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The place is so good with service , location & so clean wow. The front desk mgr Michelle Silva I hope I am spelling her name correctly. She is nice , knowledgeble , helpful , humble & very beautiful. The concierge r very nice to me know they know me very well. The General Mgr. Mr David Fernandez is so good of what he does . I can tell he bosses appreciate & knows how good he is. He assembled a very good team. I will be back hopefully soon. I will definitely recommend this beautiful place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
HotelManager3333, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you for your recommendation. I was glad to see that our team was able to provide such great service. We will certainly give the recognition the staff deserves. As always, we appreciate your business. See you soon.

Travellers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Victoria Park
The Victoria Park Hotel
The Victoria Park Hotel
#4 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdal...
#2 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
The Atlantic Hotel & Spa
#15 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale
The Aqua Hotel
#12 of 132 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano

Address: 3333 NE 32nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308-7120 (Formerly Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal)
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#7 Romantic Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
#13 Family Hotel in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range: $249 - $631 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano 3.5*
A masterpiece of contemporary design rising 15 floors above the Intracoastal Waterway, il Lugano Hotel is Ft. Lauderdale’s most fashionable address. Experience the height of exclusivity at this spectacular Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel -- offering ultra-luxurious suite-hotel accommodations and lavishly appointed private residences. Stay only minutes from the city’s financial district, shops, beaches, restaurants, and nightlife. Enjoy stunning Atlantic Ocean and waterway views, world-class amenities, and availability to arrange private dockage for yachts up to 50 feet. Travel to nearby shopping and fine dining establishments in our luxury Cadillac Escalades* (based on availability, fee may apply). Blending the style of the world’s finest boutique hotels and a dedication to flawless personal service, we are redefining expectations for Fort Lauderdale hotel suite accommodations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Marriott, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Intracoastal/Il Lugano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Il Lugano Fort Lauderdale