“No selection, No real seafood and very slow”
Review of G Bar & Grill

G Bar & Grill
Ranked #300 of 1,428 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Don't eat here. It's overpriced and no selection. Unless all you want is burgers, pizza or some kind of fried food.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Very comfortable with really good service and good food. Ok selection of drinks. Would recommend the bar food. Only wish they had a few more sweets. Would have liked a treat but it was not an option.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I dined twice at the G Bar and Grill during my 2-night stay at the onsite Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. G Bar is open daily from 11:00 am until 10:00 pm.

G Bar is a completely al fresco restaurant. You can dine at the large covered but open-air four-sided bar, at tables on an adjacent wood deck, or in an adjacent garden area. Umbrellas shade some (but not all) of the tables from the sun. You can also order drinks and food at the bar to carry back to your pool chair. (No pool services is provided at the hotel.) Some people say there’s no view at this bar/restaurant, but I disagree: I loved looking at the attractive pool area, the big boats docked alongside the restaurant, and the condos across the water on a neighboring peninsula of land.
G Bar serves American cuisine. I sampled the crispy chicken sandwich and the gyro, both of which were served with fries. Other popular menu items include burgers, tacos, nachos, salads, and flatbreads.

I enjoyed both my dinner and lunch at the Hilton’s G Bar and Grill. Although G Bar is not a destination restaurant, it fits the bill for hotel guests.

2  Thank fluffnfold
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Shannon was our server and she was fabulous. Friendly, funny and she made the best drinks...really! Food was very good and plentiful.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

When all the aspects are averaged out, that's what G Bar & Grill is. It's average. It's hotel bar average.

The bright and shiny parts are the location. It's fantastic! Outside in the courtyard of the hotel in southern Florida on a canal. It doesn't get much better. Open air seating with limited boats passing by. Sit at the bar, sit at a table or sit at a high top. It's all good. The palm trees were loaded with local parrots.

The wait staff is very friendly and although it may take them a bit of time to notice you, once you're on the radar, you're there for good.

It's convenient. Being in the courtyard, it's the closest bar and restaurant.

And now the tarnish... The prices are high for the quality. Yes, the overhead is presumably high and includes the commission paid to the hotel (full disclosure - I formerly worked for a Hilton vendor). Buyer beware, a $15 meal will cost $20.

They offer hotel bar food, prepared far enough away that "steaming hot" is not an option. I ate there four times (as I said, very convenient) and ate nothing that I would order a again. Didn't taste bad but neither was there anything that stayed in my memory.

The service is slow, partially due to the distance the servers travel to the kitchen.

I would eat there again (again, the convenience) and if I had the time and expense account, I would spend my evenings there socializing or working on the laptop. However when I wanted a good meal, I took the walk.