“Disagree” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #109 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York
“Disagree”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2007

I had booked my trip through Expedia and stayed for a week.. Was a little reluctant because of the negative reviews. However, the hotel was fine,. Yes it is very small, but the location was great. people were very friendly. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank unknownNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2007

I can see why other people might not like this place. Its not a chain
and it does not have the clean appearance many hotels have. The pool is very, very small. However, the family that runs the hotel is nice.
The rooms are a little dirty, but that didnt bother me too much. The location is good, just 3 blocks from the beach. The price was right. I would go back here because i am not as picky as most reviewers.

G Man

• Liked — Location near the beach
  • Disliked — Loud spring breakers in high school
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GMan5431
maim
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2006

For paying $79 a night, I wasn't expecting too much from this hotel, although I did expect atleast a clean room for our final two nights of our vacation. This hotel is so outdated and old that the furniture looks and feels dirty, the floors are old and dirty and they don't supply shampoo or anything.
I killed one bug in the bathroom, and found one crawling across the kitchen counter. Little beatle things. It was really, really grose.

We stayed for two nights. We were on a cruise ship the whole first day when my common-law husband realized he was missing his credit card. He couldn't remember if the woman at the front desk gave it back to him or not, but didn't think she did.
When we got back that night, they said that they had found it. A lady had brought it in with her child and husband apparently. When we got back to Canada we called VISA and someone had tried using it that day. They were on websites like USA people search trying to find out info on... whoever. They charged about a hundred dollars on it and then they weren't able to charge any more for whatever reason. Unless this 'family' that returned it had a lap top with an internet connection....it doesn't all pan out. (Let me remind you that this hotel is a dump and the chances of someone travelling in Ft. lauderdale with a lap top and internet service from somewhere and staying THERE, doesn't really make complete sense to me, but who knows).
There was internet access in the very small office of the hotel.

The people in the office gave it to us, and the whole thing I just found to be really strange. We don't have to pay for the fraudulent charges and VISA is investigating this.

I can't blame these people as of yet, but when I find out from VISA who did this I will be sure to say one way or the other.

This stay was not nice at all. The woman also 'assumed' we were not married (I don't know how since I wasn't present when he booked it and she didn't ask) and said after the fact that they charge couples ten dollars extra if you aren't married. Does that even make sense!??!?! I've NEVER heard of that before.

I will never be near the sea beach plaza in Ft. Lauderdale again.
Even though $100 is not much, I'm sure if it was possible, it would have been higher. It was a very bad experience.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The unlcean room
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank maim
New York City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2006

The Marriot was overbooked and I passed this hotel down the block. I woke up in rthe middle of the night and saw bed bugs all over me sucking my blood!!!! I had to find another hotel in the middle of the night. I have filed a complaint with the Florida Department if Health. There were so many bed bugs on me that I picked some off and put them in an empty water bottle. The woman at the front desk was going to show them to the owner. I came back the next day to speak to the owener and I saw the light in the room I rented had light on! The rented it again. I knock on the door and told the people of my situation. I showed them the bedbugs under the matress. DISGUSTING! The owner never called me back nor did he credit my credit card. However, my cc card company is not putting the charge through while I dispute it. Hopefully the department of health will shout down this operation! I threw away my suitcase and most of my clothes because I did not want to risk bringing them into my house. My complaint is listed with the Department of Health and can be checked by anyone.

Stayed October 2006