“Re-located” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Ottawa, Canada
“Re-located”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I don't mean to skew the reviews but I wanted to warn people about their reservation system. I reserved through expedia to stay at the Seville in a room with one queen and one single. Upon arrival, a note told us to use the phone outside and we were guided to their Seaside Motel. I was disapointed in the room I received as I only read good reviews of the Seville and felt like I did not get the value I expected.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank peachtree1111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

My girlfriend and I just spent a "girls weekend" at the Seville and we were both very pleasantly surprised. Dave and Nadia who work at the Sevile are just wonderful people. Dave who works in the office was very helpful and accomodating. Nadia is housekeeping and is so nice and helpful, providing us with beach towels and extra towels for our room. Our room needed some updating but it was very clean. Overall, it was in a great location, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful, the price was right and parking was free for the guests. We will be back, we had a great time! Thank you Dave and Nadia for your hospitality! I will recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were missionaries, that needed to stay overnight on our way to Haiti. While it was old, it was clean, quiet, and quite affordable. The staff, were very sweet & courteous. They offered a courtesy car to the airport for $25. but we found a taxi only cost $21. We left our car there all week, while we were in Haiti, free of charge. Still saved a bunch of money over any other hotels with such good ratings! I was really skeptical what it would be like since it was so cheap, but our only other choice was to sleep on top of our luggage at the airport, so I was thrilled! We even had time to walk on the beach a little.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank marlenecpm
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First I do have to say that you can't beat the location for the price. You are seconds from the heart of Fort Lauderdale Beach and the price is about a third of what you will spend at any other hotel in the area and there is free parking which is a great bonus. The man at the front desk (Craig, I believe? was very friendly and helpful) It also had a small kitchenette which was convenient.

With that being said, the room that we stayed in was very run down. There was no shower head in the shower, the water just kind of poured out. The dresser was in the "closet" so there was no room to hang any clothes. The comforter that was provided in the room looked like it came from someone's house that they had left behind back in the 90's. The overhead light was out so getting ready was difficult. We also had to request an iron b/c the rooms do not include one. (which they did provide promptly). The walls were all scuffed and looked very dirty. The shower was stained and just seemed dirty. The shower curtain had a soap scum dirty stain all along the bottom.

I feel like if management would just do a few little extra things; a fresh coat of paint, better bedding, a thorough bathroom scrubbing, add a showerhead and insure that the lights are all functioning-this would make a big difference.

If you are just looking for a place to stay and don't care about any of those things and just want to be close to the beach/action then this is a great place for you to go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cassidy612

Travellers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My boyfriend and I met some friends here for a birthday weekend getaway. The hotel was not even a block from the beach and only 5 minute walk to Beach Place. Couldn't have been more convenient. We arrived early and were able to do an early check in free of charge. The man (who I assumed was the owner) was very friendly. He even walked us to our room when it was only 20 ft. away. Old-fashioned hospitality goes a long way. We booked the efficiency. The room was very clean and spacious. The bathroom was a bit tight, but I'm not complaining. The kitchen was the one thing that really could have used an update. It was old. But to my surprise, we had a large refrigerator. Our friends stayed in the suites and they were very large with a bar in the kitchen, separate living room, and separate bathroom. The water taxi was at the west of Seville Street. Everything was so close by and convenient. We were even able to keep our car parked there after we checked out so we could go to Beach Place for a few hours. For the price and location, you can't beat this. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple